Super Contributor

Re: Who believes in Facial Exercise/Facial Flex

I don’t want more wrinkles!

Trusted Contributor

I've never done the exercises but I can't imagine that working your face more would give you less wrinkles.  I get fillers twice a year and the areas around my mouth wear off quicker than under my eyes just from the movement.

Super Contributor

Lots of books on facial exercises but do they work

Esteemed Contributor

Whatever tv show is on that hosts 5 doctors/plastic surgeons - I happen to flip to it last night and they were discussing wrinkles. They were all pretty much in agreement that it is movement that causes wrinkles. And they specifically said, not the sun.

(All right, I can see that too much unprotected sun exposure might be a cause of dryness, etc.)...

Are facial exercises different than facial massage? Because I do hold to facial massage. Facial massage, which is beyond good topicals, to stimulate collagen production and strengthen muscle memory.

There is always more to this story - like eating a clean diet, and a bunch of etc.

Honored Contributor

I bought it the first time it was on QVC and have been using it ever since.

You have to use it consistently.  It works, and I have no intention of stopping. 

(I just got another order of elastic bands.)

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBAwrote:

I bought it the first time it was on QVC and have been using it ever since.

You have to use it consistently.  It works, and I have no intention of stopping. 

(I just got another order of elastic bands.)

I use it too but not consistently. It does keep my face and jawline tighter.  I travel with one too.

Trusted Contributor

@IMWwrote:

muscle spasms and soreness 

For me, I also felt soreness in my mouth also.  Not the same day but if I did it say 3 days in a row, on the 4th day my lower jaw would ache.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Valued Contributor

I use it once a day, and it works. I have been adding face yoga (you tube it) as well. It tones facial muscles without dangerous emfs, which some machines are known for causing neurological problems. If eating and talking toned our faces, I'd be the cover model for face muscle inc.

Super Contributor

Facial flex users: what is the correct way to use it

I have read that using it correctly is important

Super Contributor

I recently started using mine again. After about 2 weeks I definitly saw an improvement in my jaw line. A tutorial on line said to fold your upper lip over you teeth when you use it to avoid lip lines and to put your two pointer fingers at the base of and to the left and right side of you nose to avoid nasal labial folds.