Honored Contributor

Re: Some Thoughts About New Makeup

@monicakm - I'm so sorry you're not liking B&B, and I agree with @shoesnbags about trying another application method.

I talked about what I do on the thread where you first talked about getting it - my 3-step approach. 

Is your coloring more on the cooler side or more on the warmer side?

The only thing I put under my B&B is my favorite Champagne Spackle. I let it dry a few minutes before I apply B&B. 

It may not be your "cup of tea," but there are plenty others to choose!   Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

@monicakm Thank you for the update on the ND Blush/Highlight. I thought it was so beautiful when you posted it.

The Fenty Powder Foundation is really great & I have never been able to use a powder foundation before.

I love the Real Techniques Miracle Powder Sponge to apply it. I do use brushes sometimes, but mainly if I want to use this over my Mac Studio Fix Liquid Foundation.

Regular Contributor

Thank you for showing the Blue Moon palette. It's so beautiful.  I'll be looking for it on my next ULTA run.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm Most of the YouTube reviews I saw on the ND blush palette were not good.  Very disapointing, her stuff is usually good.  Sorry it didn't work for your either.

I think the Benefit brow products run dark as a rule.  I much prefer to err on the side of too light or I end up looking too Joan Crawfordish!  I normally use a Taupe in eyebrow products, but with Benefit I use blonde.  I recently bought their Brow Pomade after seeing good reviews and I really like it.  I had been using the ABH Brow Wiz and Benefit or ABH brow gel and I think I prefer the pomade over all of them.  

Honored Contributor

@lkat 

Thank you.  Glad to know it's not just me.  Because of the name, I never thought to Google the blush duo.

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@lkat 

Thank you.  Glad to know it's not just me.  Because of the name, I never thought to Google the blush duo.

I know, I thought the same thing!  I love all her products that I've tried, I was surprised to see bad reviews on the blush palette.  It's very disapointing to see bad quality products from a brand that is normally so good.  It makes you wonder about the brand's quality control.  It's bad enough when you get a poor performing product from an inexpensive brand, but so much worse when it's from a higher end brand that normally has really good products.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@monicakm  I'm sorry to hear your some of your new goodies were so disappointing.  When there was only one shade of BnB, Medium (which LG  says is a neutral),  I used it,  the shade wasn't great for me  It was always a bit muddy (grayishbrown) on me,  a speck too dark..   I'm light to light/medium and yellow/warm.  Light is perfect for me, it's quite warm.  The advice on the kabuki is right, the product needs to be buffed in a bit with a little tighter brush instead of a big fluffy powder brush.  It's meant to be a foundation.   Unless you need a lot of coverage, you don't really need a lot of product.. Is it possible you applied too much or the shade is too light, it shouldn't look chalky.  Just trying  to trouble shoot here.

The blue e/s is so pretty.

I need your help with the Gimme Brow please.  I've lost a little of my brows nearest my nose (approx.1/4 Inch) and also some on the tails too.  Will the Gimme Brow "add" hair where you don't have it or is only meant to beef up the brow hair you have?  TIA

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

It only beefs up what you have.  I have one tiny area on the inside portion of my right brow. It's not at the inner end but just past that going towards the outside.  If I didn't have long bangs, I'd have to use a different product to fill in that area.  But no larger than it is and my long bangs, I can just use the Gimme Brow to fill in a little (not solid).

Trusted Contributor

@monicakm  I've been wondering about this since HSN shows their models adding tails and making very skinny brows much wider with this product.  Thank you.

Honored Contributor

@decaf 

Let me explain a little more in case you misunderstood.  If you're swiping it across your brows, it's going to fill in sparser areas due to beefing up the brow hairs.  It's just not a product to use in place of coloring in and adding brow strokes in large expanse of areas where there isn't any brow hairs.  I love watching this beauty YTer but can't stand the way she does her brows.   See how she just colored in inner brow color?  Who does this?

My brows could stand to have more length in the inner portion but I'm not into just coloring blocks of color on my forehead.

Clipboard011.jpg