Honored Contributor

Some Thoughts About New Makeup

[ Edited ]

I used my Laura Geller BnB today.  I prepped my skin just like I would for any other foundation, including Fenty's Powder Foundation.  Essence, Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow PHA (a watery gel formula), GR Plum Plump gel Hyaluaronic Acid, snail snot and Hourglass Primer.  I used a fluffier foundation brush as to not apply too heavily.  Color is perfect (light).  As of right now, I'm not terribly impressed Smiley Sad  It doesn't look as good as my Fenty powder foundation applied the same way.  It's kinda chalky.  I'll give it some more time to "meld" into my skin but it's had at least 30 minutes.  This is probably going back.

Also used the Natasha Denona Rose Cheek Duo for the first time.  Wow, it's SO bad Smiley Sad  The cream blush is hard to pick up product and it's very light in application.  I dug my dense brush in fairly hard when I saw how dry it was.  But that side of the duo was the better side.  The highlighter was grainy/chunky and showed texture I didn't know I had Smiley Surprised  Of all the highlighters I have, probably 10, this is the worst.  This is going back.

Benefit Gimme Brow  I've used this for years and knew I liked it.  I think I got a too dark of a color.  The writing wears off the the tube in no time and I can never remember (a recurring problem of mine) which color I buy.  Last time I got a color with too much red in it.  This time it's a bit too dark but is probably still doable.  

I duped the new blue Elf palette with my Colourpop Blue Moon palette and Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes palette.  Mixed the bottom right and left blues and applied it to the outer half, along half of the lash line and some in the crease.  Blended a darker tan into the blue and a light tan in the corner.  I love it!  

Too Faced Sunset Crush lipgloss and nowhere to go :/

Swan, Nude.

Too Faced - Born This Way The Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

Honored Contributor

Re: Some Thoughts About New Makeup

@monicakm Those blue shades are sooo pretty! I found out years ago that they go well with my blue eyes but found that browns, taupe and similar shades make my eyes even bluer!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

The blue pallet is PERFECTION!  I've never bought this brand.  Is it good?  Do the shadows wear all day?

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids 

I rarely if ever wear blue e/s and in fact the one palette I did buy I think it was just out of nostalgia for the 70s Smiley Happy  Browns, taupes and coppers really accentuate blue eyes.  Purple does too.

Honored Contributor

@SurferWife 

I don't know about the Elf e/s pallet.  I've  only ever bought a lip tint from Elf... but I'm thinking about this.  I can just add it to my next grocery order.

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

I used my Laura Geller BnB today.  I prepped my skin just like I would for any other foundation, including Fenty's Powder Foundation.  Essence, Glow Recipe's Watermelon Glow PHA (a watery gel formula), GR Plum Plum gel Hyaluaronic Acid, snail snot and Hourglass Primer.  I used a fluffier foundation brush as to not apply too heavily.  Color is perfect (light).  As of right now, I'm not terribly impressed Smiley Sad  It doesn't look as good as my Fenty powder foundation applied the same way.  It's kinda chalky.  I'll give it some more time to "meld" into my skin but it's had at least 30 minutes.  This is probably going back.

Also used the Natasha Denona Rose Cheek Duo for the first time.  Wow, it's SO bad Smiley Sad  The cream blush is hard to pick up product and it's very light in application.  I dug my dense brush in fairly hard when I saw how dry it was.  But that side of the duo was the better side.  The highlighter was grainy/chunky and showed texture I didn't know I had Smiley Surprised  Of all the highlighters I have, probably 10, this is the worst.  This is going back.

Benefit Gimme Brow  I've used this for years and knew I liked it.  I think I got a too dark of a color.  The writing wears off the the tube in no time and I can never remember (a recurring problem of mine) which color I buy.  Last time I got a color with too much red in it.  This time it's a bit too dark but is probably still doable.  

I duped the new blue Elf palette with my Colourpop Blue Moon palette and Too Faced Born This Way Natural Nudes palette.  Mixed the bottom right and left blues and applied it to the outer half, along half of the lash line and some in the crease.  Blended a darker tan into the blue and a light tan in the corner.  I love it!  

Too Faced Sunset Crush lipgloss and nowhere to go :/

Swan, Nude.

Too Faced - Born This Way The Natural Nudes Eyeshadow Palette

@monicakm 

I have two comments on the LG BnB foundation.  If it looks "chalky" I don't think that the color is "perfect."  It sounds as if it might be too light. 

Also, the kabuki brush is really the best way to apply B&B, because you're not dusting it on, you're kind of pressing it onto the skin.  Dusting it on with another kind of brush tends to make it sit on top of the skin instead of blend in.  At least that's how it worked for me. 

You're probably not interested at this point in trying again, but as a long time B&B user I just couldn't resist adding my two cents worth. Smiley Wink Always enjoy your posts!

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags 

I am interested in trying it again.  And your assessment of my application makes perfect sense!  Thanks so much.  I will give it another shot Smiley Happy  I just use my Fenty powder foundation like that from time to time and thought I could do the same with BnB.  

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Interesting thread. My LG TSV is on the way! I have awful skin but  thanks @monicakm @for the thread and  @shoesnbags @for the tip.  That's a good point, Iwith application! 
I hope it works fabulously for all of us ! 💝👍🏼

Honored Contributor

I can never remember that number for the Gimme Brow either.  I use 3.5, but had to go look. I use so little though that I am still on my original one that the store "expert" chose for me, and that was before the pandemic hit.  Luckily, my number has not rubbed off.

About LG.  I was noticing on one of the presentations there was a black model.  Her coloring, at least in the lighting she was in was rather orange.  The B&B completely changed her coloring which, to me, foundation should be as close a match to your tone as possible.  Of course, the lighting could be to blame for her coloring, but she was in the same lighting when she applied it, so not a good color match.  It also looked a little chalky to me after she was finished with it.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm So true. Whenever I've worn anything purple or violet near my face, my eyes almost sparkle. Years ago I had an e/s kit with 3 shades of purple, violet and lavender. I sure miss it!