Esteemed Contributor

Re: Salons in my state can open soon

I'm friends with my hairdresser, and they will be following the protocols. I'm more worried about going to the grocery store than having my hair done. Grocery stores have a far more chance of spreading the virus. 

Honored Contributor

Our salons open Friday.  Both parties have to wear a mask, you have to text when you arrive to see if you can come in as only 1 person per stylist can be in there and they are asking that you not bring anyone else with you, unless you are bringing a child.  You also have to practice social distancing between chairs. 

I know my salon is opening on Sundays and later hours than normal to stagger people.  I personally have never been in the salon when more than 3 stylists are working, even on a Saturday.  Usually there are just 2 of them in there.  My salon is owned and operated by a working nurse so I would hope she would be on top of things.

I have no idea what nail salons are doing. Most of them are walk-in only which will have to change if they plan on opening.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Risking your life for vanity reasons...hair cuts...nails...etc,  going to a gym....going to a shopping mall to shop... or going bowling sounds  just really stupid to me.

sadly There  are a lot of stupid people. 💀 

@SeaMaiden, there is no need to call people names.  Everyone is free to choose to go to a salon or spa or not go.  And the salons, spas, etc. are free to not open if they don't feel it is safe either.

These poor people have been out of work for well over a month, with absolutely no income because in Ohio they still have not been able to apply for and receive unemployment.   

Honored Contributor

If you are under 65 and in very good health--maybe. Otherwise no way. Just more proof that people only care about themselves and not others. If health isn't a priority for you, what more can I say? Go to the salon and risk the virus.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Sorry you do not approve, people have different proities.

I will be protecting myself with a mask, glasses and gloves, I am under the care of an immunologist and she has given me permission to re enter the world with limitations as of June 15

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Risking your life for vanity reasons...hair cuts...nails...etc,  going to a gym....going to a shopping mall to shop... or going bowling sounds  just really stupid to me.

Same thing as going to the store. Actually Salons are a lot safer.

Exactly.  The campgrounds in our state still have not opened but yet restaurants with outdoor seating can open Friday, along with spas and salons.  Indoor seating in restaurants can begin on the 18th.  

The hold-up with campgrounds is the ODNR is concerned about keeping bathrooms cleaned?  Really?  What about the bathrooms in stores?  Or all the restaurants?  How about the marinas and golf courses that have remained open?  

At this point some of this doesn't make any sense anymore.  

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden, there is no need to call people names.  Everyone is free to choose to go to a salon or spa or not go.  And the salons, spas, etc. are free to not open if they don't feel it is safe either.

These poor people have been out of work for well over a month, with absolutely no income because in Ohio they still have not been able to apply for and receive unemployment.   

so spread the virus to help these people make a living? Hmmm interesting point of view.

Honored Contributor

I recommend reading a post that I just put up on Community Chat about the evaluation of risks. I included the author's creds. You might be surprised.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Ours opened last Friday and my appointment is for this Friday afternoon. 

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Sadly, there are a lot of "judgy" people.

You've obviously made your choice; allow others to make theirs without calling them names.

What worries you masters you.
Esteemed Contributor

My hairstylist texted me this morning to let me know she'd be open next week and offered me a time to come in next Wednesday.  As much as I would like get some highlights, I decided to decline for now.