Honored Contributor

Re: Salons in my state can open soon

@SeaMaiden 

Sorry you do not approve, people have different proities.

I will be protecting myself with a mask, glasses and gloves, I am under the care of an immunologist and she has given me permission to re enter the world with limitations as of June 15

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Risking your life for vanity reasons...hair cuts...nails...etc,  going to a gym....going to a shopping mall to shop... or going bowling sounds  just really stupid to me.

sadly There  are a lot of stupid people. 💀 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Love to read wrote:

In my state, Indiana, the salons can open today but there are all kinds of restrictions and rules regarding how business can take place.  My 85 year old mother lives with my husband and me and, for convenience, I always schedule our hair appointments so that one follows the other.  I'm not sure how this is going to work as the salon has said that only one family member is allowed in the salon at a time and the other must wait in their vehicle.  Mom isn't able to get out of the chair without my help, and that's not something I would ever ask anyone else to help with - plus it would really violate the 6 foot rule.  Anyway, although we both really, really need our hair cut, I'm going to wait at least another month before making an appointment.  

@Love to read, according to earlier news, not one state that is reopening has met the threshold of having 14 days of declining cases.

Is there any other way that you could help your 85-year-old mom without risking any possible infection?

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

How is it different from Costco
I’m not 6ft away from people all the time especially in Trader Joe’s (small mkt) if she doesn’t talk/ cough and is wearing a mask how does she transmit germs ?
Regarding anyone over 70 I would not go in any enclosed space. Unless you are a very healthy person and even then.
Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover won't it be difficult coloring and cutting someone's hair wearing a mask? Also if I'm not getting my hair blown out and leave with a wet head, I hope they don't charge me for a blowout.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PilatesLover I glanced at the title of this thread and thought it said “saloons”. I just figured you lived in the west 😁. 

Honored Contributor

I want my dog's beauty shop to open. 

Frequent Contributor

@springers I love Trader Joe's, but have avoided them for this very reason. For the past two months, I've only shopped at my local Meijer. It's large enough for me to maintain 6 feet away most of the time, and I can self checkout so an additional person isn't handling my groceries.

I'd love to get my hair done, but that would be direct contact, and a prolonged period. I can hold my breath/turn my head in the opposite direction as I'm quickly passing someone. I can't hold my breath while getting my hair done.
Regular Contributor

I have no intention of scheduling either of us for a hair appointment in the near future.  I'm just going to see how everything progresses.  We both keep our hair very short and, frankly, it's already grown past the super annoying stage.  Might as well let it keep growing.  

Trusted Contributor

we have a ways to go here.. but the minute i hear they are open.. im making an appt.. i havent been to the salon since the end of feb. like i said in another post, my salon is big and its never crowded. im sure there's more people shopping at home depot and target everyday for sure... i cant wait to go....

Trusted Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

Sorry you do not approve, people have different proities.

I will be protecting myself with a mask, glasses and gloves, I am under the care of an immunologist and she has given me permission to re enter the world with limitations as of June 15

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Risking your life for vanity reasons...hair cuts...nails...etc,  going to a gym....going to a shopping mall to shop... or going bowling sounds  just really stupid to me.

sadly There  are a lot of stupid people. 💀 

Same thing as going to the store. Actually Salons are a lot safer.