Respected Contributor

I was a liquid liner girl for YEARS, and then my favorite was discontinued.  I switched to gel/cream liner and LOVE IT.  It's not as harsh and you don't have to be as exacting.  The best I've found is Clinique, however, and sadly, they only make it in black.  Ridiculous.   Then there are others.  Bobbi Brown's is the most popular and they have a lot of color choices.  The BB liner dries out a lot faster than the Clinique.   There are other brands too.  The secret is getting a good brush.  Both Clinique and BB last ALL DAY.

Valued Contributor

If your searching for eyeliner products that are NOT pencil or liquid because your eyelids are not taunt any longer due to aging...do the gel liners.  They marry the liquid and pencil into the perfect match between the two.  I do normally use Bobbie Brown iconic gel liners, but there are other gel liners that are out there too.  Look around and find one that works for you...it is out there.  The gel liners once they set, are good to go all day, and do not budge until you take it off.  

Good luck!

Honored Contributor

I like a liquid liner with a very thin brush, I have much more trouble applying them with a felt tip applicator. I only use pencils on the bottom rim.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Liquid Eyeliner Advice

[ Edited ]

I use Loreal.  I have used it for 40 years.  I have had many ask me if I had my eyeliner tattooed on because it looks so perfect.  I think it is patience and practice.  I have tried all the pencils but always go back to liquid.  Good Luck

I found it funny when asked if it was tattooed on, I said OM are you nuts?  THe girl said mine are.    I thought OUCHHHHHHHHHHHH.  I said would you do it again and she said "no way".     

Honored Contributor

I love liquid, I haven't tried any of the drugstore brands though. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

Another vote for Bobbi Brown gel eyeliner. It lasts all day on my oily eyelids. I also like the Kat Von D tatoo eyeliner.

Regular Contributor
Gel liners applied with a brush (here too)! Here are a few good ones:
1. Estee Lauder
2. MAC fluidline
3. L'Oreal Infallible Lacquer liner

I use an angled-tip flat liner brush and push it into the lashline. This way I don't get the skipping problem. The brush is as important as the formula.

For fun, you might try applying your current pencil liner with a brush, like I described. Just dab the bristles on the pencil liner or basically glide the bristles across the liner tip. This way you can see if the brush application will work for you.
Smile, it makes everyone wonder what you're up to!
Joined QVC boards long before the last two conversions!
Respected Contributor

@TasMss, thank you! Do you have a brand of brush you can recommend?

Contributor

I just read that gel or cream are better liners.  I always used a liquid but thinking of trying the gel. 

Contributor

i have the same problem:: so im like you every thing i could try did not help" but i found clinique quickliner for eyes"' intence '' its soft and smooth and very noticeable on  clinique has differant ones' but this is the best and stays on all day and night Smiley Happy and the come differant colors try them ! " clinique quickliner for eyes intence"