Honored Contributor

BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 11/10/17

Hi Beauties, I won't be around tomorrow morning so I decided to start the thread on Thursday.  I know you have been shopping so share your purchases and/or reviews.  I purchased some products for myself and additional Christmas gifts.

Gold Bond Neck and Chest Cream - I thought I would try out but it is too early to give a review.

Christmas gifts - two ornaments from philosophy (Snow Angel).

Zum Christmas soaps box of three mini size

Origins Fringe Benefits mascara in brown.

Sally Hansen Insta Dri in Making Mauves - really pretty mauve color with a hint of irresdescent.

Beauties, have a wonderful weekend and stay Pretty!  I will check back tomorrow afternoon.  HeartCat Wink

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

Re: BEAUTY PURCHASES & REVIEWS 11/10/17

I purchased Josie's TSV and should be receiving today.  I went for the Anniversary Blend and am hopeful I will like it - I keep checking back to see the reviews and they are mixed.  With the exception of one who says it is like an herbal citrus, very light (I would LOVE that), others are saying they do not like at all - no smell, playdoh, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

Trusted Contributor

@fitfuninformed wrote:

I purchased Josie's TSV and should be receiving today.  I went for the Anniversary Blend and am hopeful I will like it - I keep checking back to see the reviews and they are mixed.  With the exception of one who says it is like an herbal citrus, very light (I would LOVE that), others are saying they do not like at all - no smell, playdoh, etc.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed....

I've seen that "playdough" comment in many of Josie' s scented body butter reviews. Especially scents like Cherry Pie or Vanilla Wafer. I wonder if the company never reads reviews or comments and tones that particular pastry portion of the scents down a little? I've had both of those & never thought playdough myself, but others sure notice.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1

Well let's see where shall I start.  I bought some facial masks from Ulta as well as an RT brush that lots of people on the board are raving about.  The masks are by ULTA and look fun, they are stocking stuffers for DD.  Haven't rec'd package yet but hope to today or tomorrow.

Bought two blushes from Tarte website - Exposed and Natural Beauty.  Then I bought one from Sephora - Blushing Bride and think I have finally found my HG of blushes.  Love Blushing Bride!  So pretty and just gives me the right amount of color.  Haven't rec'd the other two yet.

Yesterday I bought two of the NextGen Christmas lippie set from Bare Escentuals.  One for me and one will go in DD's stocking.  Tried a few of them on last night, even one I thought "no way" but I like it!  Trying to step out of the box a bit - not much but a bit.  LOL

This week I also rec'd from the Q, a LG foundation - not BnB - but something else I can't remember the name.  Its a powder.  I don't think its going to work but will have to see.  May be too dark but might keep as may be able to use it as a contour if I ever get the nerve up to try doing that.  Been trying to find my HG of foundations and think I'll just stick with TARTE stick or clay foundation.

Still waiting on a couple eyeshadow palettes from the Q- a Tarte, Doll10, and a Bare Escentuals.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JudyL, I think you must have bought the Baked Elements foundation.  I recently bought it and really dislike it.  I wear fair in Balance and Brighten, but fair in the Baked Elements is almost too light.  But the worst part of it is on me...the finish is very, very shiny...no matter how little or how much I apply.  Smiley Sad  (I am using the original Spackle under it, too...)

Honored Contributor

@JudyL,   Tarte has some of the best, long lasting blushes around.  I own two.  One is natural red blush (really nice but you can only use a llttle) and the other is a peach/coral.  Enjoy your purchases.  

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Beauties,    I am trying to figure out how women ove 50 can wear a powder foundation.  I did try a couple and boy, did I look horrible.  If there is some trick to it, please share.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

My purchases for this week:

Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Concealer in light:  I like the opaqueness of it but the color is too light.  I have to mix a little of my regular foundation in it to darken it a bit.  And I really dislike the sponge applicator.  I tore it off and just twist up what I need.

Loreal Paris Infallible Lacquer Gel Eyeliner in blackest Black:  I bought this yesterday and tried it last night and this morning.  So far, I really like it..like the color and ease of application.  First time every using a liner other than pencil.  I got several recommendations from posters on this board, and they were so helpful.

And the big one which arrived this week:  The NuFace Trinity w/ELE Attachment:  Third day of use doing the "supposed" 15-minute routine although as of today...it is taking me a little less than 25 minutes.  Once I get all the steps memorized, I'm sure it will go faster.  No improvement, yet, but I didn't expect there to be.

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg  Yes!  That's the name of it.  I have decided even tho I threw out the packaging, I am returning it.  I usually wear the medium in BnB but the medium in this is different and, like you, just don't like it on me.  No sense in keeping it, might as well get my money back.

Honored Contributor

@Katcat1  I am really liking the TARTE blush.  It just took me a while to find the one I liked.  Don't know why I ever strayed away from them.  The natural red blush you talked about is one that I ordered and I had read in the reviews to use a very light hand.  Hopefully if it doesn't work out, Tarte will take it back.