Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@ShanusOk then, maybe 10 years younger. In any case he did a much softer make-up on her than she normally wears. It seems to be the thing these days for some of the hostesses to lay it on so thick in the eye department. Heavy black liner, impossibly thick black lashes and dark eye shadow, heavy dark brows. It's especially aging to some of the older ones. Hey maybe that's what's happening in make-up and I'm out of touch. I'm old.

ITA.  they need to stop with the heavy black liner, and heavy dark brows.  And that goes especially for Jane now.  It would make her look years younger.

I never tried this line but anxious to get the brow system.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

@ShanusOk then, maybe 10 years younger. In any case he did a much softer make-up on her than she normally wears. It seems to be the thing these days for some of the hostesses to lay it on so thick in the eye department. Heavy black liner, impossibly thick black lashes and dark eye shadow, heavy dark brows. It's especially aging to some of the older ones. Hey maybe that's what's happening in make-up and I'm out of touch. I'm old.

@shaggygirl  I can assure you it’s not a great look on aging eyes. It only draws attention to wrinkles, etc. Natural is much better. I assume hostesses and other exaggerate their makeup for TV, but it’s still way over the top to me.

Honored Contributor

My big beef is makeup artists using celebrity names or saying they’re celebrity makeup artists like Buckle and Mally. That does not relate, in fact would intimidate, the average makeup purchaser. That should not be their only “calling card”. The makeup should speak for itself.

Respected Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

@Venezia wrote:

@Brigitta wrote:

I noticed that most of his products are on clearance. Does that mean that one more of my favorites is leaving? I love his eyebrow product. It works very well for me.

@Brigitta- Do you mean A289971?  It's on clearance for $13.98 and they still have the two colors available.  I like it, too.

Wow, thank you very much.  Just ordered, and thrilled to get it at that price.

Happy holidays 🌲

@MarkeieMark 

Me too! Ordered it in Blonde since I have silver hair.

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Speaking of Kristofer Buckle. Did you ever see when Jane Treacy hosted with him. He'd do her makeup and she'd look oh so pretty and 20 years younger. He wasn't into that heavy harsh look she seems to like wearing.

@shaggygirl   20 years younger because of a change in makeup? Hmmm.

I believe it. I've seen plenty of women look 20 years older because of their makeup choices.

Here's Christina Aguilera in a makeup-free photoshot for Paper magazine from this year.
Related image

It part of that photo retouching to make her look her best? Sure, proabably. But these photos are also retouched:

This photo is from 2015, making her 3 years younger here:
Image result for christina aguilera paper

From Blu magazine, also 2018:

And this is her from a 2010 Vanity Fair Italy cover:
Related image

And from a 2011 cover of Exile:

And here she is in 2014:
christina aguilera

Her piled on makeup and countour makes her look older.

Esteemed Contributor

Oh my. Looks like 6 different women to me.

Respected Contributor

There's a happy medium though between zero makeup and what Christina's wearing in those photos.  And her makeup isn't as heavy as some that you see.  I can't imagine not wearing any makeup at all.  Especially eye makeup.

Regular Contributor

Yes, you can look 20 years older with makeup troweled on.  What do you think makeup artists do in the movie profession?

Valued Contributor

ITA with @shaggygirl. Jane did look 20 years younger with KB doing her makeup—soft, moisturized, warm foundation shade and lipstick, appropriately drawn eyebrows, light hand on liner etc. I could never understand why she didn’t continue with that look. I wish someone had side by side pics to illustrate since I’m not tech savvy. I wish KB could come to my house in the am to make me presentable to the world!

Respected Contributor

Kristofer Buckle was the only makeup artist who altered Jane Treacy's eyebrow shape to a natural brow with a soft arch.  Haven't seen that since.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown