Honored Contributor

Re: JUst for fun-how many lipsticks are in your make up case/drawer

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ChynnaBlue

The long wear formulas have changed significantly; no more drying!

I have a couple of 'sticks' but I only purchase the matte liquids and it feels like you're wearing nothing!

I wish I could find some I liked. Most of the liquid lipsticks I've tried still feel drying on me after a while. I take antihistamines every day because of my allergies and I'm dryer than average because of it. While I hate reapplying lipsticks, I'm never without a lip balm. 

They are much better than the ones from years ago. The liquid lipsticks with the gloss or balm overcoats were like putting acrylic paint on my lips. Ugh.

What's your favorite matte liquid lip, @Andreatoo? Maybe I'll give it one more try. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

2 I wear one or the other of them every day. 

Honored Contributor

Jeffrey Star, Cailyn and Jouer are all very good. I love the OCC Lip Tars but the formulation was discontinued and I haven't tried what replaced it.

for inexpensive I'd say the Jordana Sweet Cream Matte

jordana sweet cream.jpg

They're under $5 and, last I was there, available at Walgreens...

Honored Contributor

@aydinsgma wrote:

I Love lipsticks and do need to wear it at my age, but my problem is finding a shade that works for me. How do you all do it??

i mix shades together to create looks that work for me.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@SFGIANTSGIRL wrote:

Between sticks, gloss, balm....Ugh, I will never tell Smiley Happy

@SFGIANTSGIRL  your reply just put the biggest smile on my face...  OMG, people would think I needed therapy if they saw what I have.  I rotate and also blend 2 and 3 at a time.  I love beautiful lipsticks.

Contributor

none. never used lipstick .

always hated that greasy feeling on my lips

Respected Contributor

No comment! Lol!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lipsticks in Lucite cases in my bathroom drawer- I'd guess around 30-35.  In the closet mu stash I'd say another 50 to 60.  And yes, I actually toss older lipsticks and those I'm not wearing,  A decent portion are duplicates of the same shade for 3  discontinued shades I still love and wear.  Thank goodness for bulk eBay sellers.  Some I had to work harder for.. collecting little by little little as I located.   

Did I hear someone whisper excessive!??    Or was that "hoarder"?  As I reveal my innermost, it does sound like an intervention is in order.

Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@aydinsgma wrote:

I Love lipsticks and do need to wear it at my age, but my problem is finding a shade that works for me. How do you all do it??

i mix shades together to create looks that work for me.

You're not alone @sunshine45.  I'm constantly layering, too.

Honored Contributor

I find it interesting that there are those that can't find a single 'perfect' color while there are others that wear many (different) shades. Granted there are some I can't pull off, like true reds, but within certain color ranges I have many variations that work.