Esteemed Contributor

Re: How many beauty samples do you have ?

I don't have any samples, nor do I collect them. Closet space is at a premium for me, so I sure don't have a closet for samples! I've found that perfume samples are just a small wipe that bare have enough scent for one time, and make up samples are always way too dark. The only samples I keep when I occasionally get them are small mascaras. For some reason I like them and use them. I can't imagine having a special closet and containers for each type! Yikes!

Honored Contributor

None.  I got rid of the few that I had.  I think using them one time really can't help me to decide if I like the product or not.  Plus I wonder how long they will be good for.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, @Goodie2shoes !  I've collected lots of samples and lightly used beauty products and tools and recently donated a box to Project Beauty Share in Spokane, WA.  @JudyL turned me on to this site for donating products I don't want or need.  You can go on their website and see the donation requirements.  For me, it was a good home for things I knew I'd never use.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

i have tons.....i would say at least 200+ samples. i store most in freebie makeup bags from various cosmetic companies. i separate them into eyes, lips, face, hair.

sometimes i pack them for travel because they are easy to throw into a suitcase and take up no room like full sized products do.

i use a few and the rest get sent overseas to family members who LOVE to try out new items, especially ones that they cannot obtain easily.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@haddon9 

Right, one use of a serum can't tell you if anything but I'll use a sample just because I have it and then go back to my regular product the next day/night.  I have 4 samples of CTilbury's Magic Cream and each packet is enough for 2 applications.  I know I like it!  I'll probably not order it tho.  It's more spendy than Tatcha and it's doing me fine.

Honored Contributor

@KKlim 

20 years!?  My parents are in their 80s.  Dad will be 89 next month.  I'm not sure how much longer my mother will be with us Smiley Sad  She isn't eating.  She has continued to go downhill since my brother died last August.  They are in a lovely place and I've never seen anything less than top notch care but she hates it.  She loves the people that work there but she's miserable as a resident.  Today she was so weak, from not eating, she could barely speak

Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

Are samples the same as travel size? I have about 8. Samples of Charlotte Tilbury Magic cream, Caliray skin tint, trial size Korres black pine eye cream, Korres Santorini grape poreless skin cream, Korres apothecary wild rose sleeping facial and my Ouai set. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Zero.  I only try new products if what I've been using has been discontinued.

Trusted Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @Goodie2shoes !  I've collected lots of samples and lightly used beauty products and tools and recently donated a box to Project Beauty Share in Spokane, WA.  @JudyL turned me on to this site for donating products I don't want or need.  You can go on their website and see the donation requirements.  For me, it was a good home for things I knew I'd never use.

Thanks so much for this info!