Honored Contributor

Re: Gift for Engagement Party

On 11/7/2014 Skylands said:
On 11/7/2014 Hi Cindy said:

I bought some pretty wine glasses and put them in a woven basket with a bottle of white wine to do a toast.

Really?

And your idea of that DB throw was so stellar? I wouldn't want that thing!

Esteemed Contributor

Perhaps a small picture frame that can hold a picture of them at their engagement party?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Honored Contributor

a gift card (Visa) or a vase from Crate & Barrel. I think the gift card may be the best or just pick up some flowers for the woman.

kindness is strength
Occasional Contributor

A restaurant gift card. If they're saving for a wedding and honeymoon, a night out can be nice.

Also, I liked the wine glasses and bottle idea. Just a bottle of wine would be nice, also.

Respected Contributor

On 11/7/2014 jewelsluvsbeauty said:

I bought some pretty wine glasses and put them in a woven basket with a bottle of white wine to do a toast.

I think they are fun!

Very pretty! And if they don't drink wine you can add sparkling cider. Or do this idea when they have a housewarming party (if they have an engagement party chance are they'll have one).

Respected Contributor

Does it specifically say "No gifts" on the invite? If so, just a card. If not. A bottle of wine with a nice wine stopper would be nice. If they don't drink, a pretty frame (maybe one for their first Christmas together or something like that) would be nice.
Respected Contributor

One of the nicest gifts (small things) I've seen at an engagement party was from a Hallmark store. The giver had purchased a large, one color ornament upon which they had written the names of the couple on one side, and the date of their engagement on the other. It was just beautiful. Could hang on their tree, or on one of the ornament stands. The couple was really thrilled with this gift - probably cost less than $15.00.

Esteemed Contributor

See if they've set up a wedding registry and pick up something small from that list!

Honored Contributor

Lots of good ideas here. Be sure to save a few for the housewarming party and baby showers.

Trusted Contributor

On 11/7/2014 Skylands said:

Really?

I like those glasses. Would prefer them to that Dennis Basso stuff any day