Super Contributor

Need facial products that don't break me out and don't break the bank

Can anyone suggest affordable facial cleansers/masks/exfoliatives, etc., that won't break my skin out but still do the job? I was using philosophy for years quite successfully and have used TATCHA once, but they are just too expensive, especially with the S&H. I'd like to just be able to go to the nearest drug store, get what I need and be done with it. Thank you!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Need facial products that don't break me out and don't break the bank

Have you tried Noxema or Oil of Olay?

Honored Contributor

Give Simple a try. Hypo-allergic, etc. and sold at the drugstore. I received a sample of the Replenishing moisturizer and it is very nice. Light, non greasy but absorbs quickly. Simple has a nice selection of products. Neutrogena is another one.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

I'd recommend Paula's Choice and the bonus is they are cruelty free. They have wonderful customer service and a very liberal return policy, plus you can get samples.

You can also sign up for emails in order to find out when they are offering discounts. IMO they are affordable and do the job.

Regular Contributor

I recently started using Serious Skin Care (SSC) from HSN and I am getting the same results, sometimes better than than all the expensive products I purchased over the years.

You can get the entire line for well under $100 and it last for months because of the value sizes they give you at holiday and event pricing.

I have spent more on one item here at the Q than I do on the entire line of SSC.

I love the Vit-C line and the A- D line.

Respected Contributor

Most derms recommend drug store products: Cetaphil to start with.

Valued Contributor

When a good friend of mine had such a bad reaction to Neutragena products, the pharmacist recommended Cerave' and she has continued with that line and is having great results. If I ever run out of my stash, I would definitely be changing over to this line. They have a good moisturizer with spf, also.

Super Contributor

Thank you, ladies, for the options. I've looked at all your suggestions online and think there are several out there that I can try!

New Contributor

You can try NaturaliDerm on Amazon. They now have a 25% off coupon till the end of the year. A new non-comedogenic organic moisturizer.

Honored Contributor

Oil cleansing with olive oil and castor oil.