Contributor

NuFACE mini...flashes in eyes?

Hi, all! I purchased the NuFace mini, and have been using it for 5 minutes per day. However, I seem to get flashes in my eyes when I approach that area. I have since turned it to the lowest setting, but still get the flashes. Also, I get a metallic taste in my mouth when I do the jaw area, and tingling by the hairline. I use PLENTY of gel, so that is not the reason. Does anyone else get the same happening to them?? Perplexed.{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Frequent Contributor

Re: NuFACE mini...flashes in eyes?

So sorry about your issues with this unit. I too, am having negative problems. I had my ruptured eardrum repaired back in March, and with this item I've experienced extreme pain below this ear running down my neck. Also, I kept experiencing tingling even with plenty of gel, which was accompanied by what I think smelled like burnt skin. I know this scent, as I've burnt my forehead many of times using my spiral curling iron. I'm so disappointed, as I've wanted the mini for so long. I bought it when it was the TSV, but unfortunately am going to send it back.
Respected Contributor

That's called retinal flashes. They always say it's harmless, but I have retina problems and wouldn't ever use something that caused them. The current also reacts with metal fillings in teeth, that's what causes the metallic taste.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, I have experienced this too. Wasn't sure what was causing it. Thought maybe I was just imagining things.

Occasional Contributor

so glad I read this. I was getting that metallic taste too. I am sending back as well. I also had a burning sensation on my face. ..scared me. I will stick to doing facial exercises...Jack LaLanne has good ones.

Super Contributor

I also get the metallic taste in my mouth! Also, sometimes it is borderline painful...lots of "zaps" and "zingers". I am getting weary of this little machine. I try to use a good coating of the primer to avoid the pain, but in the presentations, the vendor is very clear that only a "very small" amount is needed. If I use less primer, it is really uncomfortable.

Honored Contributor

sure glad I read all your replies...........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

With all these reactions, ladies, I'd say send it back.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

Thank you, everyone, for your replies. I so wanted this to work for me, but risking retinal problems, metallic taste... and these are the things I can sense- who knows what is going on that I cannot sense- all of these do not seem right for a temporary lift. I will continue to exercise and move on. Back my unit goes. Gets me very nervous... especially all of the warnings about pregnancy, seizures, etc.

Super Contributor

Never had any of these issues and really love the mini AND the full size Nuface! I have been using it daily and love it