Honored Contributor

Re: Dr. Denese- favorite item

On 6/1/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Kind of a half-serious question -- has anyone tried HydroShield who DOESN'T love it? Believe me, I'm tempted, but I don't usually care for products what have a hefty dose of dimethicone. I'm sure someday I'll succumb. :-)

I don't love it. It is very very slippery, very silicone-y, lol and I really don't think it is doing anything for me that my other skincare isn't doing already. And I wonder about all the silicones because with the size of the dimethicone molecules, I am worried it is preventing some of my other skincare ingredients from being able to penetrate. I think it worked best OVER my other products but she says to use it before so I don't know. I think of it more like a "shield" to prevent moisture loss (hence the name, hydro shield) rather than delivering good skincare ingredients, but my oils act as a moisture loss barrier already so I will stick with those. I have normal to dry skin, btw.

Esteemed Contributor

It's difficult to pick just one because I love all of her skincare items. They have made such a difference on my face but if forced to pick one---then hyrdroshield serum. Second choice would be the Dream cream and a very close third for the firming trio and eye creams.

Super Contributor

Advanced Firmung Facial Pads, Retinal serum, Hydroshield serum.
Trusted Contributor

I should have mentioned the Advanced Firming Facial Pads too since I've always used them in conjunction with the Hydroshield Serum.

I wonder if some of you who don't like the Hydroshield are perhaps not super dry or as old as some of us who love it? I'm post-menopausal and I think that makes a difference. I remember reading someone's review about the serum just sitting on top of their skin and that made me think the person probably didn't need the product yet. Hydroshield sinks into my skin in about 2 or 3 minutes and I use a lot. My skin was so dry and these products made a huge difference for me.

KJPA
Respected Contributor

On 6/1/2014 MarenSeattle said:

Kind of a half-serious question -- has anyone tried HydroShield who DOESN'T love it? Believe me, I'm tempted, but I don't usually care for products what have a hefty dose of dimethicone. I'm sure someday I'll succumb. :-)

Do I dare say it, but I didn't like it - the first ingredient is Dimethicone, so if you don't mind so many "cones" in your products you may like it. It goes on just like a primer does.

Super Contributor

Yes back to this post LOL. Not trying to stir up the pot, but Dr Denese is on right now and her skin is beautiful and to me she doesn't look like she has had any plastic surgery.
Frequent Contributor

I mix the Hydroshield with PTR serum. PTR felt like water to me..hydroshield felt thick. Together perfect. Im no beauty guru but both products are highly reviewed on multiple websites including Paula's.
Super Contributor

I buy a few Dr. Denese products not so I can try to look like her (ridiculous) but because I get positive results for my skin. I like her firming facial pads for my arms, chest, and back (DH helps with that). I keep her sunscreen in the car so I never forget it when we're out & about. The Hydroshield is great, so little goes so far. I like to apply it over some serums and other treatments to help seal them in overnight.

Only one product was a never-again for me, her clear self-tanner.