Esteemed Contributor

I may have missed Proactiv Plus shows if they have been on before........but i am thinking it is ANOTHER NEW BEAUTY/HAIR PRODUCT.........................I can't believe the amount of time (and stock) QVC puts into the beauty products they present. Then you turn the channel and see and half hour infomercial on the same product........just too much. I guess it benefits me in the long run.....i am watching...less and less.....and saving more and more.....................and yes...i do change the channel.....

Esteemed Contributor

The ProActiv shows have always been formatted like an infomercial with the focus on one set. When they were on more frequently with Doctors Rodan and Fields, they spent time on some of the single items, but lately because they are not on much the entire hour is spent on the core set featured.

Honored Contributor

Let's see, Beauty and Jewelry vs. Computers and Mattresses, the choice is easy for me.

Occasional Contributor

When I see the same products shown over and over again whether on a shopping channel or infomercial, I get as much out of the information as I can and then it seems to just be repetitive blather. Purchased or not, I can turn the channel with ease. And the Q website makes it easy by showing the rundown of products on air and those I missed in previous hours and days. That saves a lot of time, even if I miss the one time only or tsv. I can look at the list and just keep right on going.

Honored Contributor

I remember reading an article in a business journal a few months ago. The writer was interviewing the President of HSN and I recall her saying that fashion and jewelry sales had levelled off but beauty and skincare product sales were escalating, with no end in sight. If it's that is the case with HSN, it surely is the case with QVC. They give the air time to the items that sell the most and right now, women want cosmetics, skincare, haircare. Anything related to beauty.

Trusted Contributor

It's pretty easy to understand why QVC and many other shopping channels sell a lot of beauty items..........the markup is high and they bring in more money for them.

It also doesn't hurt that millions of women think and believe that there are miracles in every bottle.

Super Contributor

Interesting you say this, because I think they are starting to cut back.

I had a Neutrogena product I really liked and had on AD, but was informed they can no longer fill my order. When I looked at the list of all beauty brands, it looks a bit light and Neutrogena is no longer on the list.

The stopped carrying 100% Pure make-up items a while ago.

It probably seems like they keep adding, but I think they drop some lines too.

Michele

Honored Contributor
On 6/2/2014 RedHeadedWench said:

It's pretty easy to understand why QVC and many other shopping channels sell a lot of beauty items..........the markup is high and they bring in more money for them.

It also doesn't hurt that millions of women think and believe that there are miracles in every bottle.

ITA 100%!!!

Super Contributor

HSN has a lot of beauty brands that I would love to see at QVC and it seems like their offerings are always growing.

HSN has

TooFaced

Korres

Hourglass

Lancôme

Benefit

ETC

Esteemed Contributor
On 6/2/2014 chrystaltree said:

I remember reading an article in a business journal a few months ago. The writer was interviewing the President of HSN and I recall her saying that fashion and jewelry sales had levelled off but beauty and skincare product sales were escalating, with no end in sight. If it's that is the case with HSN, it surely is the case with QVC. They give the air time to the items that sell the most and right now, women want cosmetics, skincare, haircare. Anything related to beauty.

Chrystaltree.............i think you are 100% right......and i don't think things will change in the near future......................all the other selling channels seem to be doing more and more beauty products also.....................good for my budget...i just turn the channel...Smiley Happy