Honored Contributor

Re: Christian Louboutin Lipstick - Oh, my!

@maestra wrote:

@Now I dont feel as guilty as I should when purchasing Tom Ford lipsticks @ 50.00 each. I wear those lipsticks to nothing.

I always wondered about those lipsticks-how are they worth $50-are they really that good?

Also-for the $90 CL lipsticks-the cases are so beautiful and it must feel great whipping that out of your bag at lunch................anyway-the cases should be reusable-as in you pay the initial $90 and then there would be a cartridge of some sort to replace lipsticks......

CATS ARE HEAVEN SENT
Respected Contributor

I have 3 of these in varying shades of pink/rose and wear them according to season. I use these down to the last drop!

Respected Contributor

My fave Tom Ford shadesare: Pink Dusk for summer, Indian Rose for Fall and Spring and Casablanca for winter. The jury is still out on whether I like Bush Nude.

Honored Contributor

@RedRedHair wrote:

It's true that we can choose to pay whatever our cosmetic budgets will allow.  However, I'm at a loss as to what's in the Christian Louboutin matte lipstick formula that makes it so superior to others? 

Don't know and don't care. For ME, if a product delivers what I want and need, that's all that matters...and this matte lipstick does not dry out my lips, make them peel or look gross pluss the shade and finish is exactly what I was looking for. Had I not tried it, I would never have known.

Pennies or dollars, if something doesn't work for you and you still buy it, then it's money wasted in my book.

Respected Contributor

The prettiest lipstick and more importantly the case that I EVER purchased was by Models Prefer. Stacy got it right! I get comments whenever I whip this baby out. So pretty!

Regular Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@RedRedHair wrote:

It's true that we can choose to pay whatever our cosmetic budgets will allow.  However, I'm at a loss as to what's in the Christian Louboutin matte lipstick formula that makes it so superior to others? 

Don't know and don't care. For ME, if a product delivers what I want and need, that's all that matters...and this matte lipstick does not dry out my lips, make them peel or look gross pluss the shade and finish is exactly what I was looking for. Had I not tried it, I would never have known.

Pennies or dollars, if something doesn't work for you and you still buy it, then it's money wasted in my book.

I think it's wonderful that we have so many cosmetic options at various price points.  Absolutely --  one should purchase the product of their choice.  With that said, I would never be able to wear this lipstick as it contains multiple ingredients to which I'm allergic (confirmed allergens by derm's skin testing).  I guess that's why I always check the ingredient deck before purchasing.  It's quite a tedious task.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

The prettiest lipstick and more importantly the case that I EVER purchased was by Models Prefer. Stacy got it right! I get comments whenever I whip this baby out. So pretty!

That is an abosolutely gorgeous lipstick case! WOW! Not a big fan of the color of lipstick but LOVE that case.

Respected Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@silkyk wrote:

That is an abosolutely gorgeous lipstick case! WOW! Not a big fan of the color of lipstick but LOVE that case.

No problem....it also came in this color! Both are lovely.

Honored Contributor

@silkyk wrote:

No problem....it also came in this color! Both are lovely.

OKay I LOVE this one even more! love love the pink. Those are truly gorgeous. I am a huge silver lover so I just adore these!

Contributor

sahmlam

Do you mind me asking what color you purchasd?  Thinking about geting one, but can't

decide.   Thanks!