Respected Contributor

Re: Christian Louboutin Lipstick - Oh, my!

Honestly, I can't see myself buying it unless there was nothing else I needed AND I had a gift card. I actually DO have a credit and GC at Sephora, so I might look. But I'd probably rather have a few things rather than just one lippie. I didn't think the OP was off base by starting this thread at all. For some people, the price IS insane. For others, it isn't. But there certainly isn't anything wrong with anyone saying so one way or another. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Christian Louboutin Lipstick - Oh, my!

@PENNE wrote:

sahmlam

Do you mind me asking what color you purchasd?  Thinking about geting one, but can't

decide.   Thanks!

Penne, I purchased the Matte Velvet in Rococotte. A few words of caution:

Pictures online are NOT good at all when it comes to these shades. Plus, you own natural lip color may cause the shade to look very different from someone else wearing it. Thus shade, on ME, is a brownish berry red and it's almost the same shade as my lips. it does not turn orange or fushia (most shades with any red in them do) and it makes my face just...come alive as it's a perfect color on me. On others....it can look dead brown, it can look brick red.

I HIGHLY suggest you see and try these in person before buying; I wrote down all the shades that would work for me and honestly? Only a few do. But again, a big issue is because my nautral lip shade is deep flushed reddish brown so it's hard to find shades that work.

Good luck and I hope you find the perfect shade and enjoy it too!!