Trusted Contributor

Re: Christian Louboutin Lipstick - Oh, my!

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The OP found the price to be notable. So she posted about the item here. People responded with their opinions, some thinking that the price is outrageous. And yes, some were blunt. But what's nasty about that? It wasn't directed at any one individual.

It's not as if she started a thread about her newest lipstick find (this one) and received mocking or insulting comments.

We're all adults here. Whether we admit to it or not, we all at times make judgments about what we personally think is too much money for a particular product. But most of us certainly understand that the next person will sometimes have a very different ranking.

Absolutely nothing wrong with starting this post and nothing wrong with comments about how high the price is for some BUT, others were .....well more than just blunt.  Calling people who choose to or can afford this type of luxury suckers or brainles is just plain rude.

Okay. Fair enough. But then, would you consider this just plain rude as well, a comment that was directed at other posters?

"It must burn some posters bacon that there people on here for whom it would be a drop in the bucket to make these purchases.  Not everyone is on a limited or fixed budget.  Some people ARE enjoying the good life.

Little people have lttle minds."

Not at all.

Honored Contributor

@italia8140 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

The OP found the price to be notable. So she posted about the item here. People responded with their opinions, some thinking that the price is outrageous. And yes, some were blunt. But what's nasty about that? It wasn't directed at any one individual.

It's not as if she started a thread about her newest lipstick find (this one) and received mocking or insulting comments.

We're all adults here. Whether we admit to it or not, we all at times make judgments about what we personally think is too much money for a particular product. But most of us certainly understand that the next person will sometimes have a very different ranking.

Absolutely nothing wrong with starting this post and nothing wrong with comments about how high the price is for some BUT, others were .....well more than just blunt.  Calling people who choose to or can afford this type of luxury suckers or brainles is just plain rude.

Okay. Fair enough. But then, would you consider this just plain rude as well, a comment that was directed at other posters?

"It must burn some posters bacon that there people on here for whom it would be a drop in the bucket to make these purchases.  Not everyone is on a limited or fixed budget.  Some people ARE enjoying the good life.

Not at all.

Hahahahah....no, I guess not. Seriously, sometimes you give me a much-needed laugh. I mean that. Thanks.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

Whatchu girls whining about??? I bought three....gotta look good walking to work.  Since I had to sell my car...to pay for the lipstick.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

SuzyQ3, Thank you so much and I agree. As I have previously mentioned, I started this thread all in good fun! Can't anyone take a joke anymore?

Again, if anyone bought this lipstick, good for you! But I'd rather put that $90 towards a Louis Vuitton handbag! Yes, I know that's a drop in the bucket so to say. And people can laugh at me for spending $$$ on a handbag - and I'll laugh along with you! Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

@fff11 wrote:

Is that tube of lipstick overpriced? Yes. Would I buy it? No. 

OP, thanks for passing along the price of the lipstick. I received the CL email about it a week or two ago but there was no price associated with it. 

There's an old joke that if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it.

IMO, that is a lot of money for a cosmetic but the packaging is gorgeous-- does it justify that high a price? No, I don't think so.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Jerseygirl1266 wrote:

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Not at all.

Hahahahah....no, I guess not. Seriously, sometimes you give me a much-needed laugh. I mean that. Thanks.

Thanks. I always LOL at your responses. Makes my day!

Trusted Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

@fff11 wrote:

Is that tube of lipstick overpriced? Yes. Would I buy it? No. 

OP, thanks for passing along the price of the lipstick. I received the CL email about it a week or two ago but there was no price associated with it. 

There's an old joke that if you have to ask what the price is, you can't afford it.

IMO, that is a lot of money for a cosmetic but the packaging is gorgeous-- does it justify that high a price? No, I don't think so.

I guess most designer iitems do not justify their high price if you look at things that way.  Perhaps this is why they are considered designer and a luxury.  Some will choose to buy high end designer cosmetics or clothing and others designer bags or shoes but in the end there is no difference.  Luckily we can all pick and choose and decide how and where to spend our money.

Honored Contributor

Call me whatever else you want to call me, but I WOULD buy at that price.  I buy about one lipstick a year or sometimes less, and would have something lovely to carry, enjoy and cherish. I don't wear lipstick often, but when I do it is on a special occasion, night out, or attending an event.

And to those of you who buy a couple of drugstore lipsticks or eyeshadows or other beauty whims once a month or so, we'd spend about the same or I would spend less, and both would be doing what WE would choose to do.  

I have been a Trish McEvoy fan for many years, and that cured me from buying a bunch of stuff that costs a LOT of money and doesn't work for me.  Also, I don't have a lot of clutter around and a mess of stuff to dig through when I put on my makeup.  It's whatever you want.  ALL of us are different. 

Respected Contributor

Now I dont feel as guilty as I should when purchasing Tom Ford lipsticks @ 50.00 each. I wear those lipsticks to nothing.

Regular Contributor

It's true that we can choose to pay whatever our cosmetic budgets will allow.  However, I'm at a loss as to what's in the Christian Louboutin matte lipstick formula that makes it so superior to others? 

Diva

Dimethicone, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Synthetic Wax, Octyldodecanol, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Polyethylene, Kaolin, Polyglyceryl-2 Triisostearate, Cera Alba/Beeswax/Cire D’abeille, Cera Microcristallina/Microcrystalline Wax/Cire Microcristalline, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Hydroxyapatite, Coffea Arabica (Coffee) Seed Oil, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Gossypium Herbaceum (Cotton) Seed Oil, Fragrance, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Mauritia Flexuosa Fruit Oil, Astrocaryum Murumuru Seed Butter, Bidens Pilosa Extract, Linum Usitatissimum (Linseed) Seed Oil, Tocopherol, Simethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Anise Alcohol, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Bismuth Oxychloride (Ci 77163), Red 7 (Ci 15850), Iron Oxides (Ci 77491, Ci77499