Super Contributor

Re: Carol's Daughter is on now

On 6/22/2014 Andreatoo said:
On 6/22/2014 BellaCarro said: Has anyone tried the Monoi line? How about the Monoi body moisturizer?
the leave in conditioner that I tried was the Monoi. it has an extremely strong scent that people seem to either love or hate. Unfortunately I fell on the hate side of the fence. And I didn't get any results to encourage me to put up with it. My hair is naturally curly and dry.

The Creamy (body) Oil smelled really strong to me, I couldn't use it. But the hair products weren't as strong and smelled really good.

What leave in are you talking about? They don't make a Monoi leave in conditioner, do you mean the anti-breakage spray.

Valued Contributor

I loved her products, but every time I went on auto-delivery for a product, it was either extremely delayed or cancelled altogether. I don't blame HSN for this--I read that Carol's Daughter recently filed for bankrupty--I think she just really overextended herself. I have given up on her products and moved on to other items. HERS is the ONLY line/product that I have ever had problems with on HSN.

Esteemed Contributor

I think the Monoi Shampoo and Conditioner are not right for my hair. Every time I use it my hair is dry. The smell is very strong and at times when the shampoo got in my eyes, my eyes were burning. I would not buy it again.

Trusted Contributor

On 6/23/2014 elated said:

I think the Monoi Shampoo and Conditioner are not right for my hair. Every time I use it my hair is dry. The smell is very strong and at times when the shampoo got in my eyes, my eyes were burning. I would not buy it again.

I'm not having luck with any of her products. My scalp has really gotten irritated and painful and I had a lot of hair fall out. Tried both the Monoi line and the Cupuacu line. Returned the Monoi line. As long as I don't get the Cupuacu conditioner on my scalp, I seem to be able to tolerate it better. For reference, my hair is fine & naturally curly.

QVC lost a lot of my posts too!
Respected Contributor

On 6/22/2014 Harpa said:
On 6/22/2014 BellaCarro said: Has anyone tried the Monoi line? How about the Monoi body moisturizer?

BC, the Monoi is what I use. I purchased 2x so far from HSN - the one came w/ the hair mask, which I love, and the 2nd time the S&C set came with the repairing spray, which I use on the days I don't S my hair.

I have normal hair @ 61, but root colored. It really isn't dry and definitely not oily. Kind of on the heavy side, definitely not thin. My hair is very, very finicky when it comes to cleansing. WEN left it frizzy, no matter what I did. (I use Chaz's brush and still use the styling cream.)

Haven't seen Monoi @ Target, but I did see other CD things there.

Thanks, Harpa. I did purchase this. My DD has swimmer's hair and we live in severe humidity. Thought this might help her with both.
Esteemed Contributor

On 6/23/2014 ginabfly said:

You're welcome Smiley Surprised) I know there's been a lot of interest on this brand.

I have loved the Monoi shampoo, conditioner, mask and anti-breakage spray since I started using them in September, they smell delicious and were helping my hair. I felt like I was actually having new growth without breakage, even though it wasn't completely cured, but nothing else had helped my hair and this was helping.

But recently I feel like the shampoo/conditioner were causing breakage. At least I was having noticeably more fallout in the shower, and fallout/breakage throughout the day. I hate to say this because I really was loving these, and for some I'm sure they work great, but all of a sudden my hair was not reacting well and I was starting to panic! I stopped using them and I have much less fallout and breakage now. I think it's weird that my hair would all of a sudden react this way after having pretty good results!

I tried a couple of things since stopping CD, but am now using Wen Fig, and I have to say, I think it's really agreeing with my hair, and I don't need to use the anti-breakage spray because my hair is already not tangled right out of the shower. I may buy more of the anti-breakage spray in the future once mine runs out (partially because I love the smell), but for now I'm not even needing to use it. I'm loving Wen Fig, but feel like I'm really going through it fast, I suppose it's worth it if it's actually helping though!

Interesting to read your post, ginabfly. I can use the Monoi consistently-inconsistently, but I wouldn't use it on a regular basis. Maybe once or twice a week, and it always performs well for me.

Also interesting - WEN fig was about the worst on my own hair.

But none of the WEN or Monoi has ever caused breakage.

Super Contributor

I was surprised too, maybe it wasn't CD's fault, I really don't know, but I have less fallout now after stopping using it. I was loving it before that, but then again my hair still wasn't in great shape, just better than it had been. Maybe it would be good to use occasionally.

For now I'm going to keep using Wen Fig and hope for the best.