Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

@catwhisperer,
I make thyme tea by steeping 2 tsp. of crushed thyme leaves in a cup of boiling water for 10 minutes, then strain. I add honey and lemon to round out the flavor.
Then before bed I have a shot of bourbon mixed with honey.
Hopefully your natural remedies will help.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Regular Contributor

Hello,friends! I am totally confused, and hope that I found you guys! I was thinking about all of you, and wondered how everyone is doing? I think about you all the time. Things haven't been the best for me. I just got my third prosthesis, and I am really having a difficult time. I probably won't be walking like I thought I would. But, I'm home, alive, and looking forward to spring.MOCHA- I got my seeds from Burpee today. Our "new" vegetable to grow this year is Brussels sprouts. I'm anxious to hear what you are growing this year.HELEN - will you be starting a new forum, or is this where I will find you? CATWHISPERER- miss you, hope you are well. To all my "old" friends - I haven" t forgotten you....please don't forget me! I hope to be back soon! Hello .SHORELADY!

Esteemed Contributor

@Spammom wrote:

Hello,friends! I am totally confused, and hope that I found you guys! I was thinking about all of you, and wondered how everyone is doing? I think about you all the time. Things haven't been the best for me. I just got my third prosthesis, and I am really having a difficult time. I probably won't be walking like I thought I would. But, I'm home, alive, and looking forward to spring.MOCHA- I got my seeds from Burpee today. Our "new" vegetable to grow this year is Brussels sprouts. I'm anxious to hear what you are growing this year.HELEN - will you be starting a new forum, or is this where I will find you? CATWHISPERER- miss you, hope you are well. To all my "old" friends - I haven" t forgotten you....please don't forget me! I hope to be back soon! Hello .SHORELADY!

Spammom, I'm so glad you found us. we are doing a continuing thread now instead of a new thread each month. so this is where you will always find us.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having prosthesis problems. I know you are so ready to have all that behind you so you can just get on with life and not have to worry about it. I pray that you will soon find a solution.

I'm planning my garden as we speak. I know I will do tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos and lettuce. I'm thinking about planting yellow squash and zucchini too but my garden space is small and they take up a lot of room. we'll see. I'm anxious to get started.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle wrote:

@Spammom wrote:

Spammom, I'm so glad you found us. we are doing a continuing thread now instead of a new thread each month. so this is where you will always find us.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're still having prosthesis problems. I know you are so ready to have all that behind you so you can just get on with life and not have to worry about it. I pray that you will soon find a solution.

I'm planning my garden as we speak. I know I will do tomatoes, cucumbers, jalapenos and lettuce. I'm thinking about planting yellow squash and zucchini too but my garden space is small and they take up a lot of room. we'll see. I'm anxious to get started.

Where I am lettuce is planted first say at end of April.

Try doing vertical gardening with the zucchini if short on space.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Super Contributor

Hump day again, friends ... impossible to believe. Where does the time go?

Swedie is in Sedona today  - flies back to Fairbanks tonight - has been in AZ for a conference since last week. Just posted a pix of his lunch on his FB page: Buffalo skewers, catcus fries and a rattlesnake cake. This from a man who has "food rules" about what he will and won't eat. <shaking my head with an ironic grin on my face>

Yesterday was spent at the dentist. Sneezed on Mon night, clenched my teeth and broke my plate into 2 pcs. Not repairable so a new one is in the works, and it's covered under warranty ... will be ready on Tues, I think, if all goes well. This one is held together wit spit and bailing wire, so I'm nit grinning toothless. Bone density test and blood work today, echocardiogram and dentist tomorrow. Appt with my primary on Friday and after that, well, who knows ... LOL.

All the talk about furnaces on Monday came home to roost here as well. New gas line put in the house across the street and contractor forgot to check my pilot light. Of course, I went into a panic when the house temp dropped from 70 to 60 in an hour, but I called the gas co. Tech showed up w/in an hour, relit the pilot and after  I batted my baby-blues at him, he changed the batteries in the CO detector. Chirping is gone.

Am making chicken and biscuits tonight. I want comfort food, and since chix thighs were just $.99/lb at Aldi, it seemed like a good idea. I have my own way of making it which is hardly traditional but it works for me. Reminds me of Maryland smothered chix that my mom made, and the biscuits are from a can ... $.49 at Aldi. After the chix is cooked, I snip them in 4ths, and plop them on top of the chix and mushrooms, sprinkle w/dill and pop on a top. 20 mins later ... heaven.

Sending warm March wishes to all of you.

Blessings,

Martie

Honored Contributor

The following are blooming here like crazy right now:

image.jpeg

The he tree in bloom above is in our front yard.

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Tulip tree.                Redbud

Also, pansies are thriving right now in our area!

Got the hair cut/styled today in preparation for our trip.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1

That tulip tree, is that another name for a magnolia?

Redbuds are the earliest trees to bloom by us in about April.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

the eaglets are getting big and are now spending most of their waking hours peeping over the edge of the nest. this is them looking at their father.

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

good evening friends.

I got my hair cut and colored today. she always does such a good job and it makes me feel refreshed.

@JustJazzmom, I will most likely be planting around the middle of April. I've been thinking about putting the squash and zucchini in tomato cages or something similar. I did that one time when I planted one squash in a large pot and it did OK.  I always plant my cucumbers vertically and use them to semi shade my lettuce. I love having fresh backyard veggies.

your orange broccoli recipe looks delicious.

@catwhisperer, have you tried a decongestant? since your coughing started with a sinus infection and the cough is worse at night, you could be having some post-nasal drip (which causes cough) when you lay down. not trying to give medical advice,  but just a thought. if that's the cause, the decongestant will dry up the drainage and the cough will cease.

@Hayfield, when we went to the Alabama coast we went to a restaurant called the Half Shell Oyster House and really enjoyed it. they originate out of New Orleans and have opened several restaurants on the coast and we found out they have also recently opened one about 20 miles from where we are. that's probably where we'll go tomorrow night. good seafood is a bit scarce in central Mississippi.

I'm glad you were able to find a reasonably priced furnace.

@LTT1, those trees are beautiful. I haven't really seen any blossoming trees like those around here yet. I've been half-way following the astronaut Kelly news. I saw a headline that said he grew 2 inches while he was gone. I haven't read the story yet but I will. if that's true, it's very interesting.

@SleeplessinSD, I'm almost through with Caldwell's first novel, Postmortem. it's about a subject that makes me very uncomfortable but I've gotten through the worst parts, I think, and now the focus is more on how to identify and capture the perpetrator. I hope you are rested up from your volunteering day yesterday.

@MartieHugs, sorry to hear about your teeth problem. it's always something, right? but at least you have a warranty, thank goodness. I hope you are feeling stronger every day and are beginning to feel more like yourself.

@RetRN, your cold/cough remedy sounds interesting.  I hope you are feeling well these days. are you still walking?

@katte, you reminded me that I have a cabinet full of cook books too but mine never get used. before I retired almost 2 years ago I rarely cooked. and now, since I retired, I really just haven't thought about getting them out and trying something new.  my DH really isn't much on what he calls "experiments" when I try to cook something I've never made before. Smiley Happy

Hi to Fancy, CalQfan, Spammom, Boyzs, Puddles,Hooty and all our dear friends here.

here's a Gulfport Harbor sunset.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.