image.jpeg

~H~
Honored Contributor

Re: 60's Ladies~We Hope You'll Join Us!

image.gif

~H~
Respected Contributor

hello friends. Downton Abbey is about to start so I'm just popping in to post on the new thread. thanks for starting it again , Helen. I think it will be easier for everyone to find us.

we've had a difficult past 24 hours with Daisy. she's had several of her episodes (seizures, I've decided) but right now she's fine.

here's a shrimp boat sunset from Biloxi.

have a peaceful evening, y'all.

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/t31.0-8/11033120_10204728849916712_7452198497809279185_o.jpg

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Valued Contributor

Good evening everyone,

Mocha, so sorry to hear that Daisy isn't well again. My last dog had seizures so I understand how scary that is.  Thank you for the info and picture of the rebounder. I appreciate it.  Sending good thoughts to you and Princess.

Catwhisperer,  thank you so much for the organizing info.  I will definitely get the book. I sure admire how organized you are with your clothes! I have seen those hanging organizers and they look very handy. You have given me good information and I appreciate it!

Helen, thanks for getting us started again. 

Have a pleasant evening everyone. Blessings. Heart

~ Wherever life plants you, bloom with grace.~ French Proverb
Honored Contributor

@MariotaMurielle, I agree. I think an ongoing thread will be easier for everyone to keep track of. I'm sorry Daisy isn't doing well again. Hopefully, it's just a bad day and tomorrow will be better. I love your photo...Biloxi has special memories for me...

@Hayfield, I didn't want to forget your question from our January thread. Our DGS's major, right now, is Biology. He really wants to follow our son's footsteps into medicine. I don't  think he's looking at being a doctor, just in the medical field. I say for now because he's young and could change his mind. As far as those escaped prisoners out here, we're so glad they're behind bars again. They were in the Orange Co. area and our DD lives out there, so you never know. Ha! I thought all three were creepy looking, but one was definitely a little better than the other two. I'm so glad to hear all went well with your DD's move. I'm sure she's excited to be on her own...

@catwhisperer, How are the kitties doing in this weather? The wind was so bad, it knocked our umbrella off our deck! I hope it calms down so I can sleep tonight. We can hear every sound upstairs....

@snardy, Hi! I'm glad you found the new thread😊

Good Night Everyone!❤️

~H~
Respected Contributor

A storm is blowing through the Phoenix, AZ area.  It was 76 today and will be 56 tomorrow.  I'm planning to stay inside and get some things done around the house.  It's the winters out here that help me get through the hot summers.  I did live in Chicago for over 30 years so have already done the snow/blizzard thing.  Can't believe it's February already!  Take care all.   

Respected Contributor

Good Morning!  I'm working today, then meeting a friend for dinner tonight, so everyone, have a great day!

Helen47--How nice that DGS is thinking of the medical field.  Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but your DGS is your DD's son right?  I try to think keep things straight.  Your DS has a daughter, right? 

Snardy--Since DD is only 30 minutes away I don't think I'm going to miss her since I will be able to get togther with her.  I think I'm more excited for her to be honest, she's worked so hard for so long for this indpendence.  My mother always resented my moving away, it was like she wasn't happy that I had my own life, that I promised  myself I wouldn't be that kind of Mom, I would encourage them to be indpendent and live their lives exactly as they want to, live where they want to.  She was initally thinking about moving to the VA Beach area, about 3 hours away and where she went to school, so I'm happy that's she closer but it was her decision. 

Honored Contributor

Good Morning Everyone!

@catwhisperer, the winds were so bad, I was awake pretty much all night too. I'm not surprised your cats were scared.  My DH had trouble falling asleep with all the noise going on, but he finally did. I kept tossing and turning and didn't want to keep him awake so decided to just go downstairs. I got a pillow and blanket and laid down on the couch. The only good thing as you say, we didn't lose power. I dozed off a little around 2:00, I think, but kept waking up with the wind. We have big trees around our house, and I kept thinking one could fall over. I just heard rain this morning and windy the all  day.  I hope you can catch up on rest today. I plan to try and do the same....

@CalQFan, I hope you find our new thread and are doing OK out where you are. I hope we hear from you soon.

@Hayfield, Yes, my DGS is my DD's son, and our DGD is our son's. Our GS has been living out near us and going to school here. I hope you have a great day at work. 

Wishing everyone one a happy, healthy and safe first day of the month❤️

BBL!

~H~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

good Monday morning friends.

it looks like there were several of us who didn't sleep well last night, myself included. lately I've been sleeping great, but last night was one of those nights that I just couldn't turn my brain off. DH says it's because I read so late. he may be right. the book I'm reading was a little hard to get very interested in at first, but now it's getting pretty good. I think I do tend to sort of run the story through my brain a little bit and kind of re-think what I've read.

stormy weather is headed our way too.  it's supposed to arrive tomorrow. right now it's warm and a little humid and windy. a sure sign of thunderstorms and possible tornadoes.

@Catty2, welcome to the thread. we look forward to seeing you around often.

@katte, about the rebounder, I'm the queen of uncoordinated. I specifically chose this rebounder because I've had a total knee replacement too and the mat and bungees on this rebounder make a great, non-impact surface

have a beautiful day, y'all. Smiley Happy

“All shall be well, and all shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.” St. Julian of Norwich
Honored Contributor

image.jpeg

Hi today! First of February 

today is DH's birthday... He woke up to "Blacklist" gifts... He loves James Spader!

DBIL seems to have his wits about him-- we do not know what the hospital's rules are about how long he can stay in his room.  Last night he was ravenously hungry and wanted a Mrs Baird's apple pie!

Will BBL to chat!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~