Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food Talk: What is your favorite....

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@magicmoodz 

If I remember correctly you're in Chicago right? Any West Indian restaurants where you are? There's another 'condiment' if you will that I don't care what the vehicle is I'll put it on anything called Kuchela;  a mango chutney. Delicious!

@Andreatoo 

I actually live in Minneapolis. This might be the land of meat and potatoes or burgers and fries--not our jam! So we sniff out any ethnic restaurants and love trying new places including West Indies. 

I did a Google search of Kuchela--and while I am not sure if I have ever eaten it, the pictures online did it NO favors. Trying to erase that image from my mind. 🥴

You seem like a foodie who might appreciate Chef's Table. Have you watched it on Netflix? We watched all 5 seasons (only skipping a few episodes that weren't in English). I am currently on the lookout for a restaurant that serves fine cuisine--several courses--each being only a bite or two, but beautifully presented.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

I love eating like that! You need to look for tasting menus or chef's table.

Chef Alllen's was like that; amuse Bouche between courses....I loved it! And then he decided to retire. boo-hoo!

If you're back in South Florida check out the restaurant I was telling @Zaimee about, Etaru, we've only done the tasting menu

I really wish there were more tapas style restaurants around!

Respected Contributor

My favorites are

Puerto Rican and Soul Food!  ¡Buen provecho! 😋

"Kindness is like snow ~It beautifies everything it covers"
-Kahlil Gibran
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would say American, because it entails all of my favorites such as cheeseburgers, potato salad, sweet potatoes, bbq, fried chicken, french fries, corn on the cob,Taco Bell (which is indeed American and not authentic mexican cuisine) spaghetti and meatballs, which, contrary to popular belief, is NOT Italian. It's American.

Google which foods are indignenous to each state, and you'll see America has a wondeful variety of cuisine.

ETA: I love this thread! Food is one of my favorite subjects, because I'm a very strict dieter, and rarely "cheat". So if I can't eat it, at least I can talk about it! lol