Contributor

Fraudulent Order of Electronics on my QCard!

Holy Cow! I was checking the online order status of an item I recently bought from QVC and noticed an order for 3 cell phones and 3 laptops that I DID NOT order! They were billed to my QCard but shipped to an address in FLorida! I called Customer Service and was able to cancel the order, but they informed me that the order was placed on the phone with a representative, so in order for the order to be shipped to another address, they had to either know the last 4 digits of the QCard or my SS#. Now I am freaked out!! Has this ever happened to anyone else? ANy recommendations?? I just checked my credit score and didn't see any new accounts opened under my name.

Thank God I happen to check my order status!! I will be doing this on a daily basis now!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Fraudulent Order of Electronics on my QCard!

I think it was last week that someone posted a very similar thing. Thank goodness you noticed it in time. It's probably a good idea for everyone to check the order status on their account even if they've not ordered recently. I always do even before these recent events.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Esteemed Contributor

I also check my account often. I hope QVC replaced your card. I receive an email whenever I buy an item from the company. I get an alert from my CC when I make a sale. The company should offer hacked customers credit monitoring for a year. I would cancel the Q account and use another CC.

You should go into your account an setup email alerts.

http://lifehacker.com/what-should-i-do-if-my-credit-card-gets-hacked-1552850022

Esteemed Contributor

After the big problem with the site and then the previous thread about this, I went in and changed my password and set up text alerts for orders in addition to the emails I was already getting.

Now I will know as soon as an order is placed by text and I don't have to worry about continually checking my account or my email.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

QVCrocks, I'm sorry this happened to you!{#emotions_dlg.sad}

Your experience sounds identical to the report from Buck-i-Nana just a couple of days ago.

I stopped storing my credit card info on this site when the Q had a very bad glitch which allowed us to see other customers' account numbers and email addresses on the sign-in screen. I hope everyone takes note and protects their accounts.

~~~~~

Here are the 2 threads, in case you want to read or add to them:

In Viewpoints: QVC CARD HACKED

In Q Did What?: MY QVC CARD HACKED

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Contributor

DooBdoo, Thank you so much for forwarding that thread to me. My order was also destined for the same place so maybe we can pursue this further!
Honored Contributor

On 9/2/2014 QVCrocks! said: DooBdoo, Thank you so much for forwarding that thread to me. My order was also destined for the same place so maybe we can pursue this further!

Hi, QVCrocks!Smile

You're welcome. Wouldn't it be great if this could be investigated and the criminal could be identified?

At least we can hope for some justice.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Esteemed Contributor

I had posted in another thread that the same thing happened to me several years ago. We figured out that someone saw a QVC package on my stoop, called in with my address, name, and probably googled my phone number, no one questioned the order via the phone. No one asked for a pin number. Luckily I was checking my email when a load of QVC orders came in, all of them televisions and cameras. I called customer service immediately and they could see that it was happening right in front of them. I got the address they were sending it to and called the police on my end. Of course I cancelled my Q card. Years later I opened another Qcard but its not on my address and I use my cell phone number so one was has the information needed. There should be more security for ordering.

Respected Contributor

This boggles my mind, and QVC seems totally non-plussed about the situation. I've simply been trying to get answers and get these pending charges removed from my Q card and I'm getting brushed off with the old "I'm sending an e-mail to corporate" and then they practically hang up on me.

I started wondering about security level here. Of course the upgraded password over PIN is still seriously deficient as it doesn't require or allow special characters. I decided to try logging in with an incorrect password. Any decent system will lock the account after three incorrect tries. Nope. I tried three times, then logged in with my correct password with no problems. No e-mails telling me about the incorrect password attempt, nothing. Heck, even facebook sends an e-mail advising that an incorrect password was used.

I don't know if filing a police report in my small city would make much difference, but after reading about your situation I did decide to see if my local news people would be interested in investigating.

Honored Contributor

I just posted this on the similar thread in Q Did What?

Buck-i-Nana and QVCrocks, I did a quick search on "where to report credit card fraud."

The search hits a few good resources -- you might want to check them out if you haven't already done so.

One thing I'd be sure to do: put everything in writing and send it by certified mail and get a signed return receipt. I think some companies are far too casual about telling us not to worry and everything will be straightened out, and then we discover down the road there are major problems and we're the ones who have to pay in time, effort, and probably money, to try and get back to normal.