Not applicable

I purchased the Dell 17 inch Laptop earlier this year with lifetime support. I called premier support because my laptop was giving me an error message when I try to print to my wireless HP printer. I spoke with 2 technicians who acknowledged I have premier support but informed me they would provide me with the HP toll free number or transfer me but that would be an extra cost to me. They could only help me if the problem was with a Dell Printer. Is this correct?

Respected Contributor

Re: Dell Premier Tech Support

The Dell support is for your Dell computer, not the HP printer.

Esteemed Contributor

Dell does not give customers lifetime tech support. Here is a link to check your support status at Dell. http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/19?c=us&l=en&s=dhs

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printer-All-in-One-Install-Setup/bd-p/Install Customer support forum

HP also has support videos on YouTube.

Lifetime tech support comes from QVC. Please check the software and documents you received with your computer.

Super Contributor

they give excellent support.

Honored Contributor

No it is not correct. Just yesterday my daughter and I had to call Premier Tech Support because we were having problems printing forms from a doctor's office. The tech never even asked what kind of printer I had, he printed out the forms for us in under 10 minutes. It was the way the forms were formatted (horrible) that presented the problem, but he had a go around on how to print them anyway.

However, there was another time when I had trouble with this printer (which I hate and wish I had never bought, it's an HP Deskjet 2540, don't ever buy one). Anyway, Premier Tech Support had no issue with helping me with that problem either and I had told them it was an HP.

I don't know who you talked to, but I have not had that experience.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Oh, I just realized you said "Dell" Premier Tech Support. If you bought the computer from QVC, their Premier Tech Support is the one I am referring to.

I don't call Dell when I have a problem because I use the Premier Tech Support provided by QVC. I can't speak for Dell support.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Another question from someone as their ""1st post"". Ain't wasting time until I see a reply from them

hckynut(john)