Meant for Mom(SM)
155 Members and 12633 Guests Online

paShar's Activity

Re: Must they all require hand-wash?

In Quacker Factory 1398343169.637

Do you have a setting for hand wash - or something similar - on your washing machine? I would think that would be gentle enough if you turn the garment inside out first. Continue Reading

Re: ? about painting a refrigerator?

In For the Home Talk 1398255130.6

On 4/22/2014 ennui1 said: On 4/22/2014 terrier3 said: You can get them painted at an auto body shop...any color you like and not very expensive either. Define "expensive." My body shop is $85/hr, paint is $40/hour. It ain't that cheap. Compared to the cost of a new 'fridge these days, it's pretty inexpensive. How long would it take them to do it, a couple of hours? So you're out $300. I guess it depends on how much you really like that old appliance. Continue Reading

Re: Help With Potted Flowers, Please

In In the Garden 1398171099.927

On 4/22/2014 LuvMyBoyz said: Good Morning Everyone, I must admit - I lack a green thumb but I want to learn and came here for some help. I have a few planters that I'd like to add some flowers to and place outside for spring/summer. I need color but don't have the ground space, so planters will have to do. Thing is, I have no idea which flowers to put in these planters. I would like annuals - that way I won't feel bad getting rid of them in the fall. The only annual flower I know of is the gerber daisy. I've done some on-line research, but that's only confused me more. Does anyone have any su... Continue Reading

Re: What beauty item/line do YOU stockpile.....?

In Beauty Banter 1397936145.133

I don't really stockpile much. I use L'Oreal Translucent Powder and L'Oreal Blush so when I'm about halfway finished with the product, I buy another. The only other things I'm really paranoid about are never running out of deodorant and toothpaste - I always have at least one extra of each on hand. Continue Reading

Re: Cemetary visits

In In the Garden 1397907739.61

My mom's headstone has one of those vases that you pull up from inside. My sister and I put a silk flower arrangement in the vase every season along with some trinket. This spring she put a solar-powered hummingbird in with the flowers. At Christmas time, I take an artificial wreath on a metal tripod and put it in the ground behind the headstone - since it's winter, the cemetery doesn't mind this. Continue Reading

Re: April 12- Today is Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day Whats on your favorite sandwich?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1397317213.697

Funny so many of you should mention mayo. I was just reading yesterday that mayo is a better thing to put on the outside than butter because it browns more evenly and makes the outside more crunchy. I was thinking of trying it the next time I have grilled cheese. Good to see that so many enjoy it. Continue Reading

Re: Would you buy skincare if...

In Beauty Banter 1397302848.407

Good point Jerseygirl1266. You have to take care of your skin from an early age. Suddenly starting to take care of it later in life may help somewhat, but not as much as if you'd used the sunscreen from the start and stuck with it. I'm part of the generation that went out in the summer when we were teenagers and deliberately got sunburned and tanned. We're paying the price for that now. Continue Reading

Re: Your Favorite Self Tanner.......

In Beauty Banter 1397262287.207

I started using the Jergen's Natural Glow about a week ago and I'm very pleased with the results. I use the Fair to Medium shade. I mix it half and half with my regular moisturizer so that it's even a more gradual tanning than usual. As we get closer to summer I'll use it by itself. They've even changed the formulation so that it doesn't have that horrible odor it used to have. Continue Reading

Re: Cindy Crawford Skincare - Beware!!

In Beauty Banter 1397080968.02

I have not read all the responses in this thread but to the OP........couldn't you just mark "refused" on the box and either return it to the Post Office or FedEx or whoever delivered it to you? If the company got it back they'd have to issue a refund wouldn't they? And, you wouldn't have had your bad experience with CS. Continue Reading

Re: Do you look over a recipe..........AND say NO......

In Recipe Swap 1396781266.13

On 3/29/2014 AuntG said: It's the length of recipes that cause me to turn away. If I see something like 18 ingredients, I move on. I agree that when cooking, it's easy to substitute (like ricotta for cottage cheese in lasagna because DH doesn't like cottage cheese). When baking, you have to follow the recipe closely. I agree AuntG. For example, Cooks Country and America's Test Kitchen have some amazing recipes, but some of them have so many ingredients! Continue Reading

Page 1 of 118
1 2 3 4 ...118Next