Fall Fashion Clearance
123 Members and 16451 Guests Online

paShar's Activity

Re: The Clarks shoes they showed last night ...

In Fashion Talk 1408538669.237

Those of you who wear Clarks shoes.......do you find they run wide? I ask because I bought a pair of blue Clarks casual shoes about 5 years ago (on the order of a low cut tennis shoe). I normally wear a wide width but these only came in average width. I liked them so much that thought I'd try them anyhow. Well, I'm glad they didn't have wide widths! These average width shoes are almost too wide - I'd hate to think how a wide width would have fit. I love the shoes and normally only wear them in the fall and winter when I can wear a thicker sock with them. And they've held up beautifully - alm... Continue Reading

Re: Leah Williams says.......

In The Q We Love 1408450683.663

I personally can't wait until December 31st. That's the date I'll retire from my job and can finally get rid of a lot of my work clothes which I never intend to wear again. I'll be glad to be able to pare my wardrobe down to just a few essentials. I've never been a clothes hog but I still have a lot more than I'll ever need again. Continue Reading

Re: Pittsburgh ladies - we had the best corn yesterday...

In Viewpoints 1408366764.3

Just a suggestion.........perhaps the "discussion" on fracking, gas wells, etc. should be moved to it's own thread. Thank you Continue Reading

Re: Pittsburgh ladies - we had the best corn yesterday...

In Viewpoints 1408295377.88

If you're ever in the New Castle area during corn season, stop at The Apple Castle. It's on Route 18 just north of New Castle. They have the best corn - always picked fresh! They also sell their own vegetables as well as those from Amish farms in the area. And, in October they have an apple festival - I think it's the second Saturday - yummy apples of all types! Continue Reading

Re: When you're angry how do you express that anger?

In Viewpoints 1408294876.317

On 8/16/2014 kdgn said: If I am deeply angry I will become very quiet. I don't raise my voice and I don't swear, not at the time anyway. Later on when I'm alone I may turn the air blue. The quieter I speak, the angrier I am. Those who know me understand that. I'm the same way, though you could tell from the look on my face that I was very angry. Continue Reading

Re: Avenue (dot) com

In Fashion Talk 1408293401.5

I used to buy their clothing, both on-line at at a local B&M store. I have bought nightwear but I quit buying other clothing because almost all of their tops were cut so low that I would be uncomfortable wearing them and it seemed that most of what I looked at was large, loud prints that, to me, looked terrible. Just not my style. Continue Reading

Re: QVC's Beauty Customer Choice Awards nominees seems a bit odd.

In Beauty Banter 1408186703.993

I wonder if it's based on sales. If it sells the most, it's the "winner". Continue Reading

Re: O/T: Things our mothers did that we don't - fashion and otherwise.

In Fashion Talk 1408107808.717

On 8/8/2014 sharlee said: On 8/8/2014 suzeecat said: I remember being mesmerized by watching my mother blot her lipstick on a tissue. I've never in my life done that. Of course, the classics, white shoes from Memorial to Labor Day ONLY. Match your shoes to your handbag, belt, other leather. Match your metals in jewelry, i.e. all gold or all silver. My mom blotted her lipstick religiously; it was just what you did back then. I remember a story about a little girl, on the one occasion when her mom neglected to blot her lipstick, asking "Aren't you going to kiss the toilet paper good-bye?' I... Continue Reading

Re: UPS....can't believe what they did!!

In Fashion Talk 1408053224.36

On 8/14/2014 JustJazzmom said: On 8/14/2014 traveler said: When I lived in New Mexico I sometimes had a pkg held because it did not have international shipping stickers This reminded me of something I read several years ago when the Olympics were being held somewhere in the USA. People from New Mexico who called to get tickets to some of the events were told they had dialed the wrong number because the number they dialed was only for use within the United States! They were then told to call the number for buying tickets from other countries. Continue Reading

Re: OT: Computer Scammers At Work

In Beauty Banter 1408052824.22

I usually screen calls and don't pick up any from numbers or names I don't recognize but every now and then I'll forget to look and answer. If someone starts to talk, I just lay the phone down and walk away. I come back a few minutes later and sure enough, they've hung up. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 128
1 2 3 4 ...128Next