Early Access
153 Members and 13023 Guests Online

paShar's Activity

Re: What is the best holding hairspray??

In Beauty Banter 1411043256.873

I use Tressemme in the #3 strength. Holds all day but still brushable Continue Reading

Re: Thanks to poster ___ who recommended ___

In Fashion Talk 1410693508.74

house_cat: Thanks for the tip above about saving the bags from cake mix and cereal. I'd never even thought to save them, but you are right - they are very strong and could be very useful! Also Salux cloths......great product. Had never heard of them until I read about them here. Continue Reading

Re: I'm Really Going to Miss Fashion Police on Friday Nights

In Joan Rivers 1410612573.933

During the days after JR's death when they were interviewing a lot of celebrities, I heard one young actress (can't remember who it was) say that she really felt she'd made it when Joan criticized her outfit on FP! I hope they do find some way to continue it. Continue Reading

Coppercraft Guild

Started by paShar in For the Home Talk 1410124417.98

I was just reading the thread from the poster who had a lot of Longaberger baskets and it brought to mind that I have a ton of Coppercraft Guild items stored away somewhere. This was a home party item back in the 80's consisting of kitchen and home items made of copper. They may actually be worth some money now just for the copper content, I don't know. Does anyone else have any of these items? Continue Reading

Re: Dry Shampoo when not washing hair? Shower cap to keep hair dry in shower?

In Beauty Banter 1410028692.47

I wash my hair every three days. In between, I always pull my hair back in a headband and put on a shower cap. I just don't have the time to wash my hair every day, nor does it need it. Continue Reading

Re: Throw out your makeup!

In Beauty Banter 1410028016.047

Makeup a collectible? I don't think so. I know from reading the beauty threads here that some people seem to keep their makeup for decades (that gives me the creeps just thinking about it!) but I certainly wouldn't put it in the same category as fine art or other collectibles. Continue Reading

Re: Where's David?

In Kitchen & Food Talk 1409055719.393

On 8/24/2014 SarahW said: On 8/24/2014 NYwoman said: On 8/24/2014 champagnepoodle said: He has a cook book signing event. Can't sign a book that has not been published yet. It is in the final stages. Why not? His last cookbook had a couple dozen "reviews" posted before it was ever sold. That's not unusual. I get e-mails from Amazon all the time for books that are not yet published or available and they always have reviews. I'm sure there are people who get advance copies of any kind of a book solely for the purpose of reviewing them. Continue Reading

Re: Storing "Half-Clean" Clothes -- Any Clever Ideas?

In For the Home Talk 1409055415.783

On 8/25/2014 qualitygal said: Pick out 5-6 work outfits, put Monday's behind Fridays and do it that way, after you've worn Monday's outfit. Go right down the line. The other way is outfits to be reworn, put the hanger back in the closet backwards. The hook on the rod, that part. I've heard of switching the hangar around as a way of telling which of your clothes you really wear and which you should give away. At the beginning of the season make sure all the hangars are turned the same way. Then, as you wear different outfits, turn the hangars around the opposite way. At the end of the seaso... Continue Reading

Re: Have You Heard of the New Cause of Lines on Your Neck?

In Beauty Banter 1408971461.253

I see people walking around all the time with their cell phones held between their ear and their shoulder. Would they get wrinkles only on one side? I'd think they'd be more likely to get permanent pain in the neck or shoulder muscles than neck wrinkles. Continue Reading

Re: Storing "Half-Clean" Clothes -- Any Clever Ideas?

In For the Home Talk 1408971272.077

When I come home from work I usually immediately change from my work clothes to more casual "at-home" clothes. The clothing I've just taken off, which is not going directly into the hamper is just hung over the door of the closet to air out a little. Then at bedtime, I hang them in with my other clothes. As another poster said, if it's clean enough to be worn again, it's clean enough to be hung in with the not-yet-worn items. Continue Reading

Page 1 of 130
1 2 3 4 ...130Next