Super Contributor

Re: Are you using Ponds products for your skin care?

The only Pond's product I use is their cream cleanser (it's in a jar similar to the cold cream). I've used it for about 10 years now and just love it. It has a very mild cucumber scent and does a great job of removing makeup while not being greasy.

Respected Contributor

I use Pond's cream cleanser to take off makeup. Then I cleanse with my facial cleanser as the Pond's leaves an oily trace on my face. Good product line.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Valued Contributor

I am going to sing the chorus here with the others regarding Pond's Cold Cream make-up remover...I have used it for a couple of years now. It is fabulous, works and reasonably priced. Never returning to over priced products, ever!

Frequent Contributor

On 4/1/2015 paShar said:

The only Pond's product I use is their cream cleanser (it's in a jar similar to the cold cream). I've used it for about 10 years now and just love it. It has a very mild cucumber scent and does a great job of removing makeup while not being greasy.

I only use the Pond's Cucumber Cleanser as well. I am 48 yo with combo/acne prone skin. I gently rub it all around on dry skin at night... then add some water and massage a little more. Then take a nice warm washcloth and wipe it off. My skin feels clean with mild exfoliation by using a washcloth. It does not feel stripped. I break out with acne on my cheeks if I use a cleanser that is too strong and drying. I think that this pond's product keeps my skin barrier healthy. I have never used the original ponds cold cream cleanser. I can't stand the smell of that product. Pond's products can be so heavily fragranced.

Frequent Contributor

On 3/31/2015 Southern Fried Chick said: I received a deluxe size sample of Pond's Rejuveness cream for night use and I am really impressed with it. It feels like a more expensive cream and absorbs quickly without pilling. I may purchase it in the full sized jar. I also really like their cleansing wipes. They feel very substantial and do a good job of removing my eye makeup with no stinging or blurred vision. HTH

The pond's rejuveness cream contains lactic acid which exfoliates the skin and this cream has the right Ph for exfoliation. Sounds like a nice product. I can't use Glycolic acid because it burns my skin. So I think lactic acid might be a nice alternative. But, how is the fragrance? Can you describe the fragrance?

Frequent Contributor

It's funny how we try the rest and go back to the tried and true that our moms and grandmothers used. I had an aunt who used Merle Norman pink cream (must have been like a cold cream) and she had gorgeous skin.

As soon as I used up my stash I'm going to go back !

Honored Contributor

I would be happy to use it on 2 conditions, they stop using mineral oil and DMDM Hydantoin, 2 no no's for me.

Respected Contributor

I would like to use Ponds, but every product I have checked out has fragrance and I cannot use fragranced products. It is not the smell that bothers me; it is the breakouts they cause.

I was told by one manufacturer that women will not buy skin care products that don't smell good. Too bad for those of us who need fragrance-free products.

Valued Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Montana said:

I would like to use Ponds, but every product I have checked out has fragrance and I cannot use fragranced products. It is not the smell that bothers me; it is the breakouts they cause.

I was told by one manufacturer that women will not buy skin care products that don't smell good. Too bad for those of us who need fragrance-free products.

Yup, I agree with montana. Ponds products are all highly fragranced. Many people, myself included, have skin that becomes really irritated from fragrance. I personally have found Ponds products to be over the top when it comes to fragrance, also. I realize that scent is a personal and subjective thing, but my nose can't stand the intense perfumes Ponds chooses to use.

Respected Contributor

I like the fragrance of Pond's Rejuveness, and the scent dissipates almost immediately.