Super Contributor

A429780 Philosophy Summer Cooler Set

The Beauty IQ Steal is the Philosophy Summer Cooler Set.  $44.96 with free S&H.

16 oz Basil Cucumber Cooler shower gel with 8 oz body souffle and

16 oz Iced Mint Lemonade shower gel with 8 oz body souffle.

I love the Basil Cucumber Cooler but haven't tried the Iced Mint Lemonade.  For those who have tried it, how did you like it?  I'm thinking about this set as a gift for my sister.

Trusted Contributor

Re: A429780 Philosophy Summer Cooler Set

[ Edited ]

@LovePhil  I have tried the Iced Mint Lemonade. For me it was just "ok". I like lemon scented shower gels ( lemon custard and I really miss the pink lemonade and old fashioned lemonade from years ago) but this one just didn't do it for me. It reminded me of a cheap men's cologne. 

Hoping some of the other philosophy girls who post here will jump in. My opinion is not always in line with the majority. (I don't like fresh cream and philosophy scents DO last on me.)

Super Contributor

@FlyersGirl  Thank you for your reply.  I love lemon custard and pink lemonade.  I remember a pink lemonade set with a shower gel, body cream or hand cream and a lipshine.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

The Iced Mint Lemonade shower gel was a major disappointment for me. I had really hoped that I found a great new Summer uplifting scent. To my nose, the scent of lemonade or mint is super faint. I've tried it in the shower and as a hand soap. I had a friend try it and she wasn't impressed either. I would have returned it but lost track of time missed the return window. If you want a lemon fragrance, I would stick with Lemon Custard. That one has a decent lemon scent. 

If your sister doesn't like strong scents, she may like it. But if your sister enjoys a great wake me up scent in a shower gel, skip the mint lemonade. 

Super Contributor

@FindingMyJoy  Thank you for your thoughts on this set.  I agree that Lemon Custard is a great scent. 

Respected Contributor

I was just looking at this set.  I'm about to finish a Lemon Custard, so was thinking about replacing it with the Iced Mint Lemonade (although I have a Lemon Verbena to use up too) but sounds like it's not that great.  How's the Basil Cucumber Cooler?  Can anyone describe that one?

Super Contributor

@sueinsf  The Basil Cucumber Cooler smells very clean and fresh.  It is "spa-like" green scent with a twist of basil.  It is not sweet.  

Respected Contributor

Thanks @LovePhil !

Contributor

Very disappointing for both. There is almost no scent! I believe they altered the formulas when Coty bought out the company. My older bottles of the shower gels are definitely more fragrant. I’ve stopped buying as their prices keep going up by a dollar here and two dollars there. And Fresh Cream is the worst of them all! Last purchase was almost sour. Overpriced products.

Occasional Contributor

I might be in the minority here, but iced mint lemonade is my new favorite philosophy scent. Last summer they had a 32 oz. duo of it. I bought it and loved it so much, I immediately bought another duo because I know how some of these scents go back in the vault. I still have a couple bottles because I rotate between a few scents, but I still love it the most!