Trusted Contributor
Mine is out for delivery!! I'll get to play with it this weekend and I'll let you know my opinion.
Trusted Contributor

I got my kit and have played with it! This is my first time trying out the serum foundation. I think I picked the correct color but will need check out the coloring outside to see if it's a match or not.

I saw the other thread on the Beauty Banter where people are discussing the mineral veil. I got the Bare Linen color of foundation so the veil is light-medium. I went thru my makeup to see if I have something comparable. The Bare Minerals Ready bronzer called The OceanView looks very much like this veil. The veil should have been called a bronzing veil or warmth since it really adds color to your face. The veil does have a lighter feel then the actual bronzer but if you do a dark swipe of both, it's almost a match IMO. I put a very light dusting of the veil all over my face and I think it gave me a nice warmth/very light sun-kissed look. It made the overall face color look better than foundation alone - it maybe took down the yellow in the foundation? If you use a heavy hand with the veil, I could see it looking muddy if light skinned otherwise with a lighter application it can be a nice bronzer.

I had watched the lipstick videos for the different duos. So I had seen the comments about this being a small container. It's tiny. But the color is pretty! If you do 1 swipe, you can get a lighter color not too bold if you don't want bold. It definitely has more color than their oil balm that was in the Fresh Forward TSV.

Overall, I was pleased with the outcome of doing a full face with this kit. It's a pretty combo of colors. I will play with it thru the weekend to see how the foundation works/lasts on my skin after a longer period of time.

Occasional Contributor

Someone posted a picture of herself wearing the new TSV on Facebook yesterday, and she looked fabulous in it.

I found the new concealer at Sephora and bought it yesterday.  It is wonderful!  I am very excited about this TSV, even though I never wear foundation.  The other things in the kit are worth it. Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Hi FindingmyJoy - Thank you very much for the helpful review.  

New Contributor
I am interested in this tsv. Hoping someone can suggest the foundation color I should order. I have been wearing the Urban Decay foundation in #3. I'm pretty fair, but not porcelain. TIA 😀
Trusted Contributor

Hi @Stacy71 - Have you ever used their loose mineral formula? If you know the shade you use in the loose mineral formula, there is a chart to help you match. Do you have a neutral or golden undertone. Since you are not porcelain, I am thinking you may not be cool undertoned. ? Woman Happy

New Contributor
I used the loose mineral foundation, but it's been a while and I forget my color..I do have cool undertones. I'll try to catch a presentation today and make a decision. That's one thing I've never ordered online without knowing my color. Maybe it's as forgiving as the loose minerals. Thanks for your reply.
Contributor
I'm sad that the perfecting veil is not the light to medium shade I received in a previous kit. It is a color called "sheer boost". The host this morning compared it to Warmth. I need the perfecting veil as a companion to the serum foundation so that I don't look oily/shiny but I'm so fair, I would never use warmth all over like a setting powder. Wish they would have included the original perfecting veil. This kit is a great value just not a good fit for me. Darn!
Super Contributor

I admit it, I didn't read or look carefully, and thought the product in the compact with last Friday's TSV was the new perfecting veil.   I was stunned when I recieved it and opened the compact to find a dark carmel color product call complexion booster  aka warmth.

No matter how many times Leslie, et al, told me that warmth was universal, could be worn by everyone, it still turned me orange.  There was no amount no matter how small that worked with my skin/chemistry.

So I had to laugh at this, allegedly, "new" product.   I like the serum foundation, the blush, the lip color and the concealer, so the kit is well worth it, even though I will be giving away the complexion booster!

MIchele

Super Contributor

I came here to see if anybody else thought that the perfecting veil was too dark. I thought maybe they sent me the wrong one.

Had the exact same reaction when I opened the case and saw brown powder.
By glow they must mean tan. They want us to put it all over our faces? Really? I have no interest in altering my skin color and I have at the very least 30 bronzers and even then I don't swipe them all over my face.

I'm on AD but if every shipment contains that dark powder, I'm out, will cancel.
I was familiar with the foundation and in my opinion it's among the worst I have ever tried, an automatic bin toss but bought the kit to try the other products.

Usually I think that BM has really fun kits but this was a surprise and not a nice one. 

Cat Sad

@theatrebiz wrote:

I admit it, I didn't read or look carefully, and thought the product in the compact with last Friday's TSV was the new perfecting veil.   I was stunned when I recieved it and opened the compact to find a dark carmel color product call complexion booster  aka warmth.

No matter how many times Leslie, et al, told me that warmth was universal, could be worn by everyone, it still turned me orange.  There was no amount no matter how small that worked with my skin/chemistry.

So I had to laugh at this, allegedly, "new" product.   I like the serum foundation, the blush, the lip color and the concealer, so the kit is well worth it, even though I will be giving away the complexion booster!

MIchele