Trusted Contributor

Classic Mineral Foundation - Golden medium anyone?

I go back and forth to BM mineral powder, and am back using it again right now.  The actual color "Light" is the right color for my skin, but I need it to be a little deeper.  I also own Medium Beige which is a universal color, but it just doesn't look as natural on me and gives me the "tin man" look a little.  This is why I keep trying new products instead!

ive been wearing the medium beige for a few days now, but wondering about the Golden Medium.  I don't have BM close by to test, so wondering if anyone else uses it.  What I'd hope is that the Golden medium is the same amount of "yellow" as the Light, but as deep as the medium beige.  For some reason, the swatches make the Golden medium look much yellower than Light, and much deeper than Medium Beige.

Maybe blending the Golden Medium with Light might get me a shade match, but I hate to buy this shade, sight unseen, in order to experiment with it.

i am not a woman of color, and the Golden Medium typically illustrated on a Hispanic or Asian model.  Anyone use GM who considers themselves a true "warm medium"?  Or blend with Light for a perfect shade? 

Honored Contributor

Re: Classic Mineral Foundation - Golden medium anyone?

I use golden medium, and I would never have chosen it on my own, however a rep. at Ulta

suggested it and it works. I'm fair, but  I usually choose light. Golden medium adds much needed warmth to mt skin, while looking natural. I hope this helps.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Yes this helps a lot! The models in Golden Medium seem much deeper complexion, but when I see photos of the color swatches it looks perfect for me. I think it's going to be the right shade. Light is my exact skin color in the winter (right amount if yellow) but with a little self tanning and sun, I need something one step deeper. I'm going to order it but will wait to see if there is an upcoming kit with it first! Thank you!
Trusted Contributor

I have light to medium skin and have used the golden medium. I have a lot of red in my face and the yellow counteracts it nicely. You sound undecided about MM. Might I suggest you try the Tarte amazonian clay powder foundation. I have found this to have a better finish than BM and does not settle in fine lines. There are quite a few colors. I think I use light-medium-neutral.

Respected Contributor

So glad you asked this question.  I never wore the BM for very long because the colors were never right.  The light was too light and yellow but as you said the Medium beige looked tinnish.  The golden beige looked like a tanned person would wear it.  I am usually the lightest medium color. 

Trusted Contributor

Do you have an Ulta or Sephora near you to be color matched?

Respected Contributor

I have light to medium skin with yellow undertones, brown hair and green eyes.  I have never tried the Golden medium because it always looks and is described as for darker skin.  I bought it yesterday and it is not for darker skin.  It matches very well and did not darken as my skin got oilier. 

Trusted Contributor

@chiclet wrote:

I have light to medium skin with yellow undertones, brown hair and green eyes.  I have never tried the Golden medium because it always looks and is described as for darker skin.  I bought it yesterday and it is not for darker skin.  It matches very well and did not darken as my skin got oilier. 

I think it's going to be perfect,  I'm going to go to a sephora this weekend and get it.  I've started wearing light again because medium beige is just the wrong color.  But light is just a tad too pale.  I have the same coloring as you with blue eyes.  

Trusted Contributor

One last question - it doesn't look like this shade comes in any kits.  Am I right?  I hate paying full price for a jar of Bare Minerals but it looks like this color is one that you can't really find in a value set...

Contributor

I've seen it some of the past tsv's, I think the April tsv usually includes a foundation. Usually it's the original foundation but I think once it was the ready formula. hth!

I've also been wanting to try the golden medium shade, but I'm a medium and sometimes medium to to tan. I've always used medium beige but it never was quite right for me. I think it is a touch light and not golden enough for me. I hope this shade works for you! Not sure if it'll be a little too light for me but I guess I'll try it once my medium beige runs out. The tan shades are all too dark for me so I'll either have to mix the golden medium with golden tan or just deal with it and maybe add some bronzer Smiley Happy