Honored Contributor

We don't have a Bare Minerals boutique near us, but I got an e-mail about this about a month ago (I think) and I was intrigued. I found myself at a mall with a boutique in my travels recently, so of course I had to see what it was! I thought they would match me, show me the color, and I would go home with it. I was wrong. They take your makeup off (which of course makes sense) and use a phone/camera device to take pictures. Then you fill everything out, pay for it yourself, and it is sent to you. I haven't received it yet. The mua who helped me had obviously done it before, but she was still "learning" the system. 

I got an e-mail the next day that it shipped, but I haven't received it yet. 

I haven't read any reviews, but she showed me what the consistency would be like on the back of my hand, and I'm hopeful. It is 100% guaranteed. If you don't like it you can send it back for a full refund. 

Has anyone here tried this? Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

I haven't tried this but I am very interested.  I have such a hard time finding my perfect shade.  I hope you do get delivery soon and let us know how you like it. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Regular Contributor

Re: Made-2-Fit Foundation

[ Edited ]

I've tried it!

I went in to a boutique with my dau on a Sunday and did this whole thing where they take the pictures of your face and wrist, and the foundation arrived 3 days later to my surprise.  

At first I thought "oh cra* this doesn't match".  I was wrong.  It is a very nice match.  I've worn it three times and it does not oxidize on me.  I'm not sure about breakouts yet.  It is a natural finish.    It wears off my chin first - prob because I'm on the phone for work all day.  I feel like I need to wear it longer to give it a fair try for wear, breakouts, etc.

The texture is mousse-like when it comes out of the bottle.  I like the texture.  I was told it was definitely medium, buildable coverage.  It is more sheer to medium; with two layers it is medium on me.  It is nicely buildable and doesn't cake when building on me.   I truely wish it were just medium+ right out of the bottle so that I don't go through it so fast.   It was $53 with tax. 

Highlighted
Contributor

I went to the boutique, had them scan my skin for a color match.  I recieved it fast and love the texture but after using it 5-7 times, I think it is a little darker than I like.  I look very tan.  I called and got a code to use to get a replacement bottlle after I (or the store) rescan my skin. They told me to keep, toss or gift the other bottle.

Honored Contributor

I've had my skin scanned by Elizabeth Arden to do a custom blend and for some reason the trial size always worked out fine but the full size bottle was always too tan.

So they would give me 4 trial sizes.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN