Frequent Contributor

I got up sick with a sore throat and all stopped up Dec. 22 and I am still coughing every now and then. I went through 3 antibiotics and steriods before I started to get better. I have never smoked and I have never been sick like this before, but I have been much better these past two weeks. I wonder if it is the weather, a lot of people have had this around this area.

Honored Contributor

@kcladyzYou have lots of fellow sufferers and you can add me to that list.  I slept in my recliner 2 nights this week because my cough just would not quit when I tried the bed. 

Saying you have a cold sounds so mundane, but it's not fun, it's not comfortable at all, and I'm bored with mine.  I don't want to subject others to my infection and just can't wait to feel well enough to resume "life."

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

It's not just you and I don't know if it is just a cold. I tested negative for flu but something was wrong with me for 10 days and I am still coughing.

My Dr. did give me a Zpac and that has helped but yesterday was the last day and i wish I had more.

My son said half the students at his school are sick and coughing everywhere.

I tested negative for the flu too hopi, but I've been sick for 8 days.  I went to a sales meeting 2 weeks ago, and so many reps were sick.  I got home a week ago Friday, and I've been somewhat sick ever since.  I can't shake this cough.  It's terrible. My fever is down by alternating tylenol and ibuprofen.  My dr. will give me nothing other than a cough syrup that I'm almost out of that doesn't seem to help much anyway.  I hope you get better soon.  This cough is beyond annoying!!

Thanks sweetie,

I hope you are feeling better also. This something that I have never had and it's scary. I am better than I was so hopefully the worst is over.

Thanks...I'm still coughing, but I can eat.  I'm still hungry.  This cough is the worst I've had.  I'm glad you are feeling better.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I had a Dr appt this week.  The nurse mentioned the urgent care clinic was swamped with people that had the flu.  It's been a couple years since I had a cold.  

Trusted Contributor

My cold started New years eve and didnt' go away until almost Feb 1st.  

This of course is due to the fools in my workplace who don't stay home when they're sick. They don't want to use their vacation time so they come in and spread the wealth.  

I've still got a dry cough and am still sneezing. Worst cold I"ve had in years. 

I hope you feel better soon.  Try to get some rest. 

Respected Contributor

I did not see a dr  for there is nothing they can give you for a cold and i was too weak to leave home. I feel better today thank god.  It really knocked me off my feet.  I was so sick I did not care if i got in trouble at work  i just did not want to move.

Respected Contributor

@Jtdmum wrote:

My cold started New years eve and didnt' go away until almost Feb 1st.  

This of course is due to the fools in my workplace who don't stay home when they're sick. They don't want to use their vacation time so they come in and spread the wealth.  

I've still got a dry cough and am still sneezing. Worst cold I"ve had in years. 

I hope you feel better soon.  Try to get some rest. 

Funny how you miss work and they condem you  then if you show up sick they still get mad. I was sick like that in 2013. took 2 months to recover

Normally I have a secret. i take alergy meds and musinex  at the first sign of symptoms. i was not prepared this time tho

Respected Contributor

and resting is near impossible. I have 5 parakeets and as soon as I enter the room  they get excited to see me and sing all day!  bless their little harts but sometimes I want them to shut up lol

Respected Contributor

Something happened that never happened before. My sinuses  was creeking like an old house LOL..I only can hear it when lying down.

Day 7 and I am better. My nose is clear  but my voice is cracking and Im a little dizzy but not by much. my voice usually cracks at the end of a cold.  Lord I  hate being sick

Respected Contributor

I am on day 10 and still sick and miserable. i too off work early not caring what trouble I will be in and went to a dr.  they gave me a zpack.  I do not know if its bacterial  but I never felt this sick for so long since pnemonia