Respected Contributor

I cant sleep so i might as well complain about being sick. I missed the maximum days alowed at work without needing fmla and im still sick. This is the worst cold i have had in a decade. I think im getting better for my head is going back and forth from being stuffy. And then clear then stuffed again. Anyone else have the worst cold season in your lifetime?

Regular Contributor

Aww! You complain all you want! My cold this winter was wicked too so I feel your pain!

Hope you feel better soon!

Respected Contributor

You poor thing.  Colds are so miserable and not sleeping makes it worse.  Hope you're taking something to help - maybe a nighttime cold med would help.  Alka Seltzer usually works pretty well.

Super Contributor

Not being able to sleep because of a stuffed up nose and sinuses is a real drag! If your doctor has not already mentioned it, go get some Mucinex extended release (with just the guafenisin and nothing else added) and take that while drinking lots of fluids. Mucinex thins out the mucus significantly, so at least you can blow your nose productively. I cannot do cold and flu season without it.

Esteemed Contributor

It's not just you and I don't know if it is just a cold. I tested negative for flu but something was wrong with me for 10 days and I am still coughing.

My Dr. did give me a Zpac and that has helped but yesterday was the last day and i wish I had more.

My son said half the students at his school are sick and coughing everywhere.

Honored Contributor

When a cold lasts lomger than a week you should see a doctor, because it is probably a strain of the flu and not really a cold. 

Valued Contributor

This was both of us last year, tho thankfully , not this year....yet.  

The people DH works with come to work really sick so it often comes home w/him.

Sipping hot water w/honey & ginger seems to give a bit of relief to the stuffiness for us.

feel better soon!

Blowing out someone else's candle doesn't make yours brighter.
Respected Contributor

Try Breathe Right strips to open swollen nasal passages and Vicks Daytime/Nightime Cold Relief. You poor dear, I feel for you.

Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

It's not just you and I don't know if it is just a cold. I tested negative for flu but something was wrong with me for 10 days and I am still coughing.

My Dr. did give me a Zpac and that has helped but yesterday was the last day and i wish I had more.

I tested negative for the flu too hopi, but I've been sick for 8 days.  I went to a sales meeting 2 weeks ago, and so many reps were sick.  I got home a week ago Friday, and I've been somewhat sick ever since.  I can't shake this cough.  It's terrible. My fever is down by alternating tylenol and ibuprofen.  My dr. will give me nothing other than a cough syrup that I'm almost out of that doesn't seem to help much anyway.  I hope you get better soon.  This cough is beyond annoying!!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

@winamac1

@winamac1 wrote:

@hopi wrote:

I tested negative for the flu too hopi, but I've been sick for 8 days.  I went to a sales meeting 2 weeks ago, and so many reps were sick.  I got home a week ago Friday, and I've been somewhat sick ever since.  I can't shake this cough.  It's terrible. My fever is down by alternating tylenol and ibuprofen.  My dr. will give me nothing other than a cough syrup that I'm almost out of that doesn't seem to help much anyway.  I hope you get better soon.  This cough is beyond annoying!!

Thanks sweetie,

I hope you are feeling better also. This something that I have never had and it's scary. I am better than I was so hopefully the worst is over.