Respected Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma, Maybe you already mentioned this, but I wanted to know how you are feeling.

Honored Contributor

Sciatica is usually pretty AWFUL.......maybe LG doesn't want to dwell on the  subject............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I have been suffering from sciatica since Febuary.  Ive had it before thru the years.  This time it just has not gone away.  Ive tried all my usual go to's.  Physical Therapy, chiro, and acupuncture. So Monday I am having a mini surgery to remove whatever is compressing on the nerve.  Im hoping this will work.  The sciatica has altered my life dramatically this time around and I donot like losing my mobility, independance and freedom to go and do whatever I need /want to. Im hoping this will work.  

Esteemed Contributor

i'm currently dealing with sciatica pain.....second week......worst pain ever.....

Respected Contributor

You cant even describe the pain to anyone other than just...

@nana59 

You cant even describe the pain to anyone other than just saying its excrutiating!  Im at the end of my rope .  I cant even stand up long enough to fry and egg or walk a little way to our mailbox.  Is a terrible pain.  I hope youre doing better.

Trusted Contributor

My husband suffered horribly from it.  To the point where he had no option but to crawl on the floor and lay on the couch.  He got the surgery and BAM...he was up and out mowing the lawn in no time at all.  He wasn't supposed to so soon but of course but he did.  He said he never felt better.  The pain was gone and he was so happy to have gone through with the surgery.  This was over 15 years ago. I know surgery is scary but boy what a difference it made for him.  He's been upright and pain free since.  Obviously not everyone is the same but I know that once you have been in pain and suddenly you are pain free what a wonderful feeling that is.  

Esteemed Contributor

My mom had sciatica.

Whenever it would flare up, she would say that the alligator had her, because she said that the pain felt like an alligator bite.

I'm sorry for everyone who suffers from sciatica.

Feel better soon!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

@meem120 wrote:

I have been suffering from sciatica since Febuary.  Ive had it before thru the years.  This time it just has not gone away.  Ive tried all my usual go to's.  Physical Therapy, chiro, and acupuncture. So Monday I am having a mini surgery to remove whatever is compressing on the nerve.  Im hoping this will work.  The sciatica has altered my life dramatically this time around and I donot like losing my mobility, independance and freedom to go and do whatever I need /want to. Im hoping this will work.  

hope your surgery eliminates your pain.........

Esteemed Contributor

Re: You cant even describe the pain to anyone other than just...

@meem120 wrote:

@nana59 

You cant even describe the pain to anyone other than just saying its excrutiating!  Im at the end of my rope .  I cant even stand up long enough to fry and egg or walk a little way to our mailbox.  Is a terrible pain.  I hope youre doing better.

excrutiating is exactly right....i can't imagine how you've been dealing with it since February....i wish you all the best with your surgery....let me know....because it might be in my future......take care...

Honored Contributor

Went through Sciatica for a few years back in the 1970's. Kept playing hockey and going to work which required lifting 50-70lb reels of telephone wire. Lifting was the easy part, turning 180° to put it in a pallet was the hard part.

Driving my 25-30 minutes to work, many times I has to pull over on the shoulder, to stand and walk to shake off the pain in my right leg.

In 1974 spinal discs L-5 and S-1 completely ruptured and it led to over 3 weeks in the hospital, most of it they were trying different types of things in PT to see if it helped. It didn't thus spinal surgery to remove both of those discs.

Sciatic gone but a long recovery to get back to my type of life. Continued over the decades doing the exercises I learned, along with of my own improvised exercises. 

Sciatica along with broken ribs and separated shoulders rank high on my list of pain lists. Don't wish those on anyone, except for a few, for specific reasons.

Wish everyone dealing with Sciatic the best with whatever it is that gives you permanent relief.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)