Esteemed Contributor

Re: part D experience if it helps

[ Edited ]

@CelticCrafter  So what was "interesting" about my post? I still don't get your response to my original post or your original post has to do with Shingles vaccines. What is the point?

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@CelticCrafter  So what was "interesting" about my post? I still don't get your response to my original post or your original post has to do with Shingles vaccines. What is the point?

@BirkiLady Perhaps you should go back and read what I had highlighted when I responded to your original post which really, kinda had nothing to do with the shingles vaccine either.  Your point would be?

Respected Contributor

I'm on Medicare with a Kaiser supplemental and my shingles shot was free - no copay.

Honored Contributor

The shingles vaccine is always covered by Medicare Part D RX Insurance.  It is the law. , But Benefits are different depending on what plan you have.

To get the best and lowest cost, check with your insurance company to see where you can get the shot to save the most money.

You might be able to save money by having the service done at participating pharmacies.  If you go out of network, you will probably pay more out of your pocket.

Also, with most plans it is less expensive to have the vaccine given at the pharmacy rather than your doctor's office.

To those who have not had the shingles vaccine yet, now is the time to check around for RX coverage...open enrollment starts in a few days.  Have a list of your RX drugs and call around and check to see which insurance company has the best plan for you.  You can do this every year.  During the call, ask about the shingles vaccine coverage.

Trusted Contributor

I have AARP with United Health Care, supplement and prescription.  I did not have to pay for my shingles shot.  Got it at Acme and they also gave me 2 discount coupons.