Honored Contributor

Re: part D experience if it helps

@millieshops wrote:

@IcegoddessI hate to waste money, but when it comes to insurance, most of the time I'd really rather not get back what I had to spend to try to protect myself from a major health, home, or auto disaster.

Last time I remembwer getting back more than a year's premium, I had a water leak which began in a upstairs closet, dropped half of the living room ceiling, and damaged a section of the basement.  Sure I collected more thsn my premium, but the aggravation and work -  not enough money for all that!

@millieshops I get that, but prior to the ACA I had a high deductible plan and was quite willing to pay for my maintenance, but the premiums were at least half what I'm paying now.  

Esteemed Contributor

To me the insurance companies  never make much sense. They sure have all the rules and there's always a twist .

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

With Part F and BC/BS, I have never paid any co-pays or a cent for anything. Well worth the monthly premiums IMO. 

Interesting bc we have part F BCBS and F UHC. 

Honored Contributor

This is OT -

I got the shingles vaccine the year after it came out.

Good Private insurance paid anything OVER $500.00.

I had been hospitalized with Shingles, and had 3 subsequent flairs.

My pharmacist charged me his cost - $425.00.  I had been on the waiting list for a year.

Never been SO glad to spend $425.00!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe :  If you got your Shingles shot more than 18 mths ago you didn't get Shringrix 

(it's two shots!).  I too have had a mild case of Shingles when I was 62.  I got the first shot 7-8 yrs ago and I just got the first of two shots of Shingrix.

Respected Contributor

@deeva   If you've ever had shingles, you'd willingly forgo anything in order to get the vaccine.  The pain and suffering associated with that condition cannot be overstated.

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@Drythe :  If you got your Shingles shot more than 18 mths ago you didn't get Shringrix 

(it's two shots!).  I too have had a mild case of Shingles when I was 62.  I got the first shot 7-8 yrs ago and I just got the first of two shots of Shingrix.

Yes, you are correct, @patbz 

I have not had the Shingrix shots.  Because of other medical issues I can not have it.  😔

thanks for thinking of me

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@granddi  And your point is?

(You haven't explained if there is a difference or why you both are not on the same supplement.)

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@granddi  And your point is?

(You haven't explained if there is a difference or why you both are not on the same supplement.)

@BirkiLady  because they can't be on the same supplement or part D plan, they each need their own policies.

Respected Contributor

@quilter61 wrote:

I guess I am lucky.  I don't have to pay anything to get the shingles vaccine.   I was also able to receive the Pneumonia vaccine free.   

My pneumonia vaccine is free too.

Shingrex wasn’t because we hadn’t met our part D prescription out of pocket for the year. And since I take generic drugs that cost less than $100 a year, I never will reach the out of pocket max.