Contributor

i was talking about the clothing and shoes on qvc. seems like they r catering to the rich.

Super Contributor

Re: outrageous prices

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife wrote:

I don't call them outrageous at all.  Lots of places to shop, Try Walmart or Target, Old Navy etc if you want lower priced items.  IMHO, I agree, lesser quality.

I'd pay more for something that will last me years instead of one season.

I agree with @TheMemphisVette ! 

I HAVE clothes....YOU have clothes...none of us are going around nakey!

BUT:

GAS is outrageous!  That little bit it has gone down, gee, nowhere near what we WERE paying.

It is costing me a fortune just to GET to work.  I have to get gas and food....can survive without another sweater (even though I don't want to, LOL) but I can NOT survive with out gas and food.

And gas is going back up.  Guess the reserve has been used up.  The grocery is what's killing me.

Honored Contributor

@jcbs    They may not be catering to people with lower or fixed incomes but they're hardly catering to the rich.  They can spend whatever they want and its not QVC.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@jcbs wrote:

is it me or has anyone noticed the shoes and clothes lately are very expensive!!!!  We are just getting through a pandemic and we are in a high inflation period...please have more affordable clothing and shoes. thank you.

@jcbs 

Not sure why you posted this thread in the Wellness section; perhaps Fashion or Community would give you more input?   

(If you're not familiar with this section of the QVC website, check the Forum topics to the left of this post.)

Right now, EVERYTHING costs more than it should ... and no retailer is immune to increased costs for shipping, manufacturing, etc.

Solutions?   

Shop your closet.  Buy only one of two things.  Skip buying anything this season, unless you had a life change (such as a new job) that requires a major wardrobe overhaul .... can you skip a season, and not buy anything?   That certainly saves money. 

Or ...  wait until the end of the season when things are on clearance. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624     Speaking of grocery stores....

I would NEVER consider buying clothes in a grocery store...but I was walking my cart around the store (for exercise) and wandered into Kroger's ladies clothing department. 

Found 2 sweatshirts...REAL (not

french terry),  modern, and not the collegiate style... reduced 86%.   Good enough for "AZ casual"... or in my case....winter sleepwear(!)  di

@Desertdi 

LOL!   I also walk the perimeters of stores for exercise when it's 100+ degrees outside ... might as well exercise in air conditioning!  Large square footage stores like Target, Walmart, Kroger, etc are the best.  And I usually pick up a thing or two that I need.  Woman Happy

I have been in several Krogers in my area and have never seen clothing for sale ....  is this new in your area?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44     Re: clothing at the grocery store

It's hard to keep track of who actually OWNS the grocery store.   It started out as Smitty's.   Then it was bought by Smith's...(who had a furniture department).

Then it became Fry's which is owned by Fred Meyer out of Portland, OR......which is owned by Kroger....who built one of those "super stores" with a gas plaza, a mini-medical clinic, a florist, etc., and NOW they also have a pretty large amount of floor space dedicated to clothing....

And if you wanna hear something funny....I accidentally ran my Safeway (entirely different ownership) card over the scanner at Kroger.....AND IT WORKED.    

AND....Aldi is right next door.    TWO food stores together strikes me as kinda strange.

I'm not complaining, tho...it's only about 5 miles (and the only full-service grocery anywhere near me.)  di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Desertdi wrote:

@Kachina624     Speaking of grocery stores....

I would NEVER consider buying clothes in a grocery store...but I was walking my cart around the store (for exercise) and wandered into Kroger's ladies clothing department. 

Found 2 sweatshirts...REAL (not

french terry),  modern, and not the collegiate style... reduced 86%.   Good enough for "AZ casual"... or in my case....winter sleepwear(!)  di

@Desertdi 

LOL!   I also walk the perimeters of stores for exercise when it's 100+ degrees outside ... might as well exercise in air conditioning!  Large square footage stores like Target, Walmart, Kroger, etc are the best.  And I usually pick up a thing or two that I need.  Woman Happy

I have been in several Krogers in my area and have never seen clothing for sale ....  is this new in your area?  

@Tinkrbl44, do you have Kroger or Kroger Marketplace? They've sold clothes and shoes for a long time around here, but ours is a Kroger Marketplace and most in our area are as well. But I live in the birthplace of Kroger so I don't know what is offered elsewhere. Before clothing, they sold furniture. You could go to the store and get your groceries AND your new kitchen table and chairs at the same time! They eventually did away with furniture and brought in clothes instead. They also sell many different household items. This has been several years now that it's been like this. If you have a regular Kroger, it's likely just groceries but the word Marketplace means they also sell other items in addition to groceries. It's supposed to be considered one stop shopping. Hope that helps explain it.

Respected Contributor

I have no problem just passing on by anything where the price has hit a ridiculous level. I am very flexible that way. 

Honored Contributor

@Qgirl26 

Well, all the Kroger-owned stores in the greater Los Angeles area are either Ralphs or Ralphs Fresh Fare.  The closest thing I've seen to clothing are some seasonal items ... like Halloween masks for the little ones.

Honored Contributor

All the Kroger stores in the Albuquerque are are Smith's Stores, A local chain they bought years ago.  I don't shop there.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment