Reply
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,633
Registered: ‎02-13-2021

Double Check Your Carbon Monoxide Detectors

The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) is warning consumers about the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning from the use of HECOPRO digital display carbon monoxide (CO) detectors. The CO detectors can fail to alert consumers to the presence of carbon monoxide.

 

More than 150 people in the United States die every year from accidental, non-fire related CO poisoning associated with consumer products.

Carbon monoxide sensitivity tests performed on the detectors found that they failed to alert when exposed to pre-determined concentrations of carbon monoxide (400 ppm), in violation of relevant safety standards. If a consumer installs a CO detector that does not alert to the presence of carbon monoxide, and carbon monoxide enters the home, the consumer will not be warned of the presence of this harmful gas, making injury or death very likely.

 

The CO detectors are made of white plastic, with approximate dimensions of 4.1 x 1.8 x 4.1 inches, featuring a digital display. The CO detectors are generally advertised to detect dangerous levels of carbon monoxide and alert with a flashing red LED and a loud alarm pattern.

 

The CO detectors were sold on Amazon.com under ASIN B07T66J7KJ for between $9 and $13.





A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life