Valued Contributor

Re: message from Medicare - coronavirus

As of yesterday the last figure I heard was $280 for the test that is being developed here locally. 

I'm in the southeast so no idea how much that amount will vary per region. 

Also, my area is doing the drive up clinic where you are tested from your car......but you must have a physician's order before the test will be administered. 

(this is why threads going poof burns my britches...there was a discussion about this late last night on another thread that was removed because someone went very political....it had the whole clarification of the rest of the world using the WHO testing, the CDC original faulty testing, etc.)

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am so confused about the test kits...there have been complaints we don’t have enough...then,  we have millions of them is what I heard yesterday...and now this morning, they say we don’t have enough. Also,  you are only tested if the dr thinks your symptoms warrant it....but sounds like the virus is presenting differently in some....if I felt really sick, I would want the test. I understand the criticism so many have hurled towards the cdc for not taking the initial tests from WHO was because the FDA would not approve them...due to possibly being unreliable....false positives and negatives....seems like a good reason not to use them. Sounds like the drive-thru testing sites, etc. will be a huge step forward.
Some good news....also they announced the gov't will waive interest on all student loans until further notice...big help for many..,and extending "food stamps" (forgot what it is called now)  benefits enough for those needing them to be able to stock up on extra 6 weeks of groceries for their families.  Now if the Dow would just start creeping back up a little faster....😎

Honored Contributor

Not everyone who may get the virus will need a ventilator, so the hysteria about shortages of them may be very premature. The Medicare announcement regarding the coronavirus test being covered will put many seniors at ease. They should have said to call your dr instead of see your dr. In our city, they are saying the last thing you should do is go to an ER where you could likely pick up the virus as well as other things. Call your dr and they will tell you the best course of action.