Respected Contributor

@SouthernBee 

You did great getting the prep down.  The doc was able to see clearly and sounds like he took great care with you.

He will have the path results and can help you with your colitis if indeed that is the case.  Good he took some samples.

Congrats for getting this important test done.  Keep warm, whatever it takes.  Time to pamper yourself. Heart

Honored Contributor

@kindred cats : Thank you. I went back to sleep and just woke up. Hope that I will not have trouble sleeping tonight.

Yesterday, while in the waiting room, heard lady tell her friend, relative brags that she has never had a colonoscopy😮😮. Really sad and said the lady has medical insurance.

Honored Contributor

@marip wrote:

This time for my colonscopy procedure I was thinking doing a low volume prep and for the procedure having it done without being sedated.  Anyone here had it done like this?

@marip 

I did just what you described.  SO happy that I didn't have to drink as much!  The prep used to make me sick, not the procedure.

I would ask your doctor which is best for you though.

Honored Contributor

@SouthernBee 

Great to know you did well.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG : Thank you. Glad it's done. Just called Doctors office and the follow up appointment is 12\27. 

Contributor

Re: colonoscopy

[ Edited ]

My doctor prescribed the Miralax prep.   I'm thinking instead of using Gatorade using Smart water..  Anyone tried this?  Besides Gatorade what other liquids?

Honored Contributor

@marip : Your doctor will tell you. I used the smaller container of miralax  per doctor instructions. I mentioned that I didn't like Gatorade. He said any clear liquid that was 64 ounces. I chose the white cranberry juice, that was on my given list.

You need to decide what will be easier for you to drink.

@marip wrote:

My doctor prescribed the Miralax prep.   I'm thinking instead of using Gatorade using Smart water..  Anyone tried this?  Besides Gatorade what other liquids?

Esteemed Contributor

I am 76 and this was my first colonoscopy. I was sacred to death. I had to take split doses. It was called Suprep. You had to mix water with the prep then follow with 2 more glasses of water (16 ounces). I took one at 6PM and the other at 4am. The prep made me nauseous. I had to do three days of low fiber diet and liquid diet the day before. 

After all my worry, the procedure was easy. I didn't even realize it was over until I woke up. They did give me something for my nausea. I had no polyps. I do have hemorrhoids that may need removal. I was so happy that I never need to do this again. I was a nervous wreck. 

Respected Contributor

@elated   Good for you.  Yes the test is so much easier than the prep.  I'm sure I have a few more in my life.  I'm 62 and good until 65 for my next one.  Glad it was ok.