Honored Contributor

I swear by Cold Eeze for drastically reducing the length and severity of colds. I've had to plead with a few people in my life to try it right at the first sign of a cold, and they thanked me. When I've gotten a cold without taking it, I can have symptoms for almost a dang month. When I take this stuff right away, cold's gone in less than a week and symptoms don't progress beyond the initial scratchy throat.

So I'm very much a believer in the Zinc Gluconate lozenges, Cold Eeze in particular. But only the funny tasting ones that you keep in your mouth for long periods are the ones that have the full effect for me. I keep a package on hand so I can just take one the instant my throat feels funny.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Zinc is something I take regularly and I take an extra lozenge or two when I go to a crowded place with lots of people. I also swab my nostrils with zinc swabs on those days also. I've known about zinc's benefits for a long time.

@SilleeMee 

The doctor also mentioned zinc swabs. They used to make Zicam swabs but stopped. People lost sense of smell from using zinc in the nose. I have never tried it & won't. 

@Nightowlz 

Zicam still makes the swabs. I get them at Walmart. Never had any problems with them. I only use them ocassionally.

@SilleeMee 

I think they took the zinc out. All the ones I clicked on online says zinc free. I mix tea tree oil with jojoba oil to swab in my nose.

Honored Contributor

@1Snickers wrote:

My alergist suggested Saline nasal spray for pollen, smoke, etc. perhaps it might help deter a virus. I use it in the winter as a nasal moisturizer.

@1Snickers 

I use that for allergies it does help. I also use eyewash in my eyes to wash out pollen etc.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz 

You are right! Zicam swabs don't have zinc in them...and here I was thinking they did. But I still use them occasionally.Woman Happy