Respected Contributor

Re: Yeast Infection Probiotic

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My gyn put me on RepHresh, which changes the pH.  My pH was off the charts and using this every 3-4 days plus taking a probiotic (I take Andrew Lessman's) has worked for me.

@VaBelle35 I didn't put this in my original post, because I wanted to get advice from everyone on what has worked for them, but I am on my third day of taking RepHresh.  I also have started taking Diflucan to clear the current infection.  So...you only take the RepHresh every 3 or 4 days?  How often do you take the probiotic?

Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg wrote:

@VaBelle35 wrote:

My gyn put me on RepHresh, which changes the pH.  My pH was off the charts and using this every 3-4 days plus taking a probiotic (I take Andrew Lessman's) has worked for me.

@VaBelle35 I didn't put this in my original post, because I wanted to get advice from everyone on what has worked for them, but I am on my third day of taking RepHresh.  I also have started taking Diflucan to clear the current infection.  So...you only take the RepHresh every 3 or 4 days?  How often do you take the probiotic?

@Ainhisg  I take the probiotic every day.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

@Ainhisg on the box of Rephresh, it says to take their probiotic, but I've never found it in the store, so I just used Andrew's.  I don't think it makes a difference.  As others have said above, it just needs to have the specific strain needed, which Andrew's does.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 , thank you for your replies!  I've looked all over the RepHresh box, and I can't see a reference to a probiotic?  I must be blind as a bat.  lol

Honored Contributor

They call it Rephresh Pro B Feminine Supplement

It's one one of the side panels.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

Capture.JPG

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@VaBelle35 , ah...got it...  I thought you were taking the RepHresh probiotic, but you're using the gel.  No wonder you were only using it every 3-4 days.  lol  I am taking the RepHresh probiotic, which I purchased from Amazon.  It only has two strains of probiotics (L. rhamnosus GR-1 and L. reuteri RC-14).  These have been proven to affect v@ginal flora. Only one other supplement has them, and that's Fem-dophilus (shelf-stable), but it only has 1 billion CFU's.  The RepHresh Pro-B has 5 billion CFU's.  The RepHresh is the top recommended women's supplement on Consumer Labs, because of the testing that's been done on it.  That being said, it works better for BV than it does for YI (from what I've read), but it does work somewhat for YI's, too.  I did the milk test on it, and it passed, so the cultures are very much alive.  It is shelf-stable, but I store mine in the refrigerator.  I'm just wondering if there's a probiotic I can add to this to help the situation further (since the strains won't be repeated), and I have gotten some good recommendations in this thread.

Honored Contributor

I suffer from almost constant diarrhea and figured maybe a probiotic would help.  I got one from Costco made for women that was supposed to help with gut and female health.

Well, itcertainly made my gut feel better, but about 10 days into taking it, I developed female itching.  So I stopped.  I suppose if you are  not having yeast and female problems, these female probiotics will give you something to complain about.

I won't be taking probiotics again anytime soon.

Respected Contributor

OP here.  I really appreciate all the recommendations I've gotten.  This gives me a good starting point.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

My doctor also said not to take a bath with any type of stuff in the water.  I can take a bath in plain water, but when you put stuff in it can impact the pH as well.

QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN