Honored Contributor

At first it was just my meds.  I then started adding towels and body creams, then bought two felt boxes for other small stuff, like pens and a pad, my lip moisturizers, . . Of course my various remotes, then my crossword puzzle books, magazines, my iPad and iPhone, the wires to charge the batteries.  All of which is now half of . . . MY BED!!

Somebody help me!!  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

Re: What has become of my bed?

[ Edited ]

You need to buy more organizational boxes in smaller sizes to organize all the stuff you posted about, unless you have side tables with drawers on each side of your bed.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Keep the eletronic stuff off the bed and out of the bedroom.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree 

For starters, there are fabric devices that you can slip between mattress and top sheet:  they have pockets for miscellaneous items you want close at hand.  BedBath on line might have them now....definitely have them in store for the back-to-college dorm room storage items.  You may need several: 2 on each side of the bed for all the things you noted.

If you have to stay in bed for a while, you probably would want iPad and iPhone close by.

Best idea:  a sliding tray table with a drawer compartment similar to those used in a hospital setting.  This could be found online.  Most functional way to have it all I. Front of you when desired and then rolled away while still in bed !

HTH

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

You don't have side or end tables?  I never keep things like that on the bed.  Too easy to roll over onto my glasses or remote and damage them.

Valued Contributor

Me too @LilacTree , but it's a great place to be!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Keep the eletronic stuff off the bed and out of the bedroom.

NO way for me!  I love to read in bed sometimes on my mini IPad, check on storms in the middle of the night on the tv, watch something happy and doze some on Sunday afternoons.  Nope. That would NOT work for me!

Esteemed Contributor

Ha ha!  I always have stuff on the bed.  I even eat in my bed sometimes 🤐. It's a Tempur-pedic, so it's solid like a table top!

Cogito ergo sum
Honored Contributor

@PinkyPetunia wrote:

You don't have side or end tables?  I never keep things like that on the bed.  Too easy to roll over onto my glasses or remote and damage them.

@PinkyPetunia 

Yes I do.  But they have lamps on them, my landline phone, water bottles, my DVDs, etc.  

You see, I “live” in my bedroom because my daughter and grandson live here also, and this is a small apartment.  

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

I wrote this post kinda “tongue in cheek” but I see some of you are taking it seriously (and some aren’t, thankfully).  I have a weird sense of humor.  To those who are taking it seriously, I appreciate that also.

Formerly Ford1224