Respected Contributor

Re: What Nut Milk tastes Good In Tea

A lot have mentioned Soy Milk but I always thought Soy was associated with breast cancer.

Respected Contributor

@jackthebear wrote:

@EskimoGirl wrote:

I actually like unsweetened almond milk in my tea and when I do get a cappuccino I also have them use almond milk.   I do not like the flavored almon milks - even vanilla. 

Try oat milk.  I tried it but I thought it was "thinner" than almond milk - maybe like more watery?  It could have been the brand I bought - not sure as it was my only oat milk purchase.  I have also had oat milk in cappuccino and liked that.   Milk in black teas is the way the English drink it I believe!  

100% 

but I don't care for the slightly almond taste the Califa gives to my tea so I save my real milk for tea 

I have tried unsweetened almond milk in tea and didn't like it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cuddlesmama wrote:

A lot have mentioned Soy Milk but I always thought Soy was associated with breast cancer.

@cuddlesmama 

Soy is NOT associated with breast cancer.

Never has been.

Never will be.

In fact, the Phytoestrogens in soy are beneficial for the PREVENTION

of breast cancer.  It's the animal foods which are cancer causing.

(back to Tea Talk)

Honored Contributor

@Buffalogal47 wrote:

ANY kind of milk in tea is a sacrilege! Lemon or sugar, or possibly honey, if you must, but milk, NEVER!

@Buffalogal47 What?  Assam teas are wonderful with a splash of milk--as are many breakfast blends!  They were grown for and blended for that little rich bit of milk.

Respected Contributor

🤔Tea with milk a "sacrilege" @Buffalogal47? LOL You'd best get on the telly to inform Queen Elizabeth, who takes HERS that way. (So do I.)

Thanks for the laugh.

What worries you masters you.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]
  • @sidsmom, you think you're going to spout alarmist bunk lol, (this time, in a Tea thread *sigh*) then say, "back to tea" without a response? Not where this little girl is concerned.

First of all, chuck the blanket, "It's animal products that cause cancer." That's simply ridiculous. 'Nuff said.

As for soy PREVENTING cancer, that's equally ridiculous. Soy (and I'm not referring to mostly water and additive-laden soy "milk") in forms such as tofu, which I eat, is a good source of protein. But it doesn't PREVENT cancer. Oh, and if I had breast cancer, particularly estrogen-receptive breast cancer, medical professionals would probably advise me to continue eat it IN MODERATION. 

So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense. The cause(s) and prevention of diseases aren't as completely settled as you'd like to think.

What worries you masters you.
Occasional Contributor

@cuddlesmama I too tried that Califia brand and hated it.   While I prefer unsweetened almond milk, it did take a bit to get used to it.  It's nice that several here have offered up their suggestions.  I think you just will need to try a few of them to find the one that works for you.  Let us know what your favorite ends up being! 

Honored Contributor

A tsp. of almond milk is all I'd use, but generally I don't add anything to tea.

Trusted Contributor

@Moonlady : So noted. Will give the Queen a call!

@Sooner: I like my tea without anything in it, unless I'm sick. Then I load it up with honey, lemon and Christian Brothers Brandy. Lots of brandy. It tastes awful, but it works better than Nyquil!

Enjoy your tea any way you like it. Don't take me so seriously!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Moonlady wrote:
  • @sidsmom, you think you're going to spout alarmist bunk lol, (this time, in a Tea thread *sigh*) then say, "back to tea" without a response? Not where this little girl is concerned.

First of all, chuck the blanket, "It's animal products that cause cancer." That's simply ridiculous. 'Nuff said.

As for soy PREVENTING cancer, that's equally ridiculous. Soy (and I'm not referring to mostly water and additive-laden soy "milk") in forms such as tofu, which I eat, is a good source of protein. But it doesn't PREVENT cancer. Oh, and if I had breast cancer, particularly estrogen-receptive breast cancer, medical professionals would probably advise me to continue eat it IN MODERATION. 

So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense. The cause(s) and prevention of diseases aren't as completely settled as you'd like to think.

@Moonlady 

Might want to research 'soy for breast cancer risk'.

And be sure the studies are using humans, not animals. 

Soy is NOT associated with breast cancer.

Period.

But do your own research.  
Common sense would say it doesn't because hundreds of millions of people in Asian countries, where soy is a foundational food...

they would be riddled with breast cancer...but they are not.

Prevention = soy.

Might want to get your facts straight before giving me 

an ugly order of, 'So stop with the blanket, unfounded nonsense.'

Have a good day🌼💛

(Back to Tea Talk!)