Honored Contributor

Re: Wellness "Migrainers:" New finds I've added to my "Clean Foods" List. Yea!

@ItsME 

I heard from so many women about December and migraines.

Wouldn’t it be interesting if it were tracked as to how many experienced them 2018 December?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@LTT1 

Since I have one every 4 -  weeks, we can be  pretty sure I had one in 12 - 18!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe 

I’m very sorry.😢

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1   .... Yes, interesting.  I litterally couldn't shake it for the whole month.

Honored Contributor

@sfnative 

I have just finished reading your informative and thoughtful post dated 12/28/2019.

i have found a few foods that seem to be tolerated and without bringing on a migraine. Celery/peanut butter and my new favorite discovery:

492D7FC8-295B-4C78-834E-D0406AFAC1FB.jpeg

Cassava is the source of the “flour” and is allowed on the AIP diet (Autoimmune Protocol).

When we go out to eat, I usually just stick to salmon and 🥦.

I am hoping that you are having a great start to 2019!💗

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello everyone, I have suffered with migraines since I was 15...it has made life a misery for me. I have chronic migraines...everyday...I never miss a day without a migraine. I am happy this thread is here..interesting reading.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Respected Contributor

I also get migraines.  I know some of the triggers (sudden changes in the weather), and I just recently discovered another:  shellfish

Thanks for the info on the American Migraine Foundation.  Will look it up.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

You're welcome, everyone!   @LTT1, interesting observation about December.    I live with migraine pain and some of the associated effects on more days than I'm without it, so I didn't notice that month being different.   One excellent tool is a daily diary (many online suggestions) that allows us to review and see if we can match migraine changes with any changes in our patterns in a diary.   I always ask if the migraine patterns are different...  what else was different?     I wonder if the stresses of the holidays, or a change in diet, or even weather and climate and something about other factors in the surroundings and environment in December might've played a role?   

Regarding triggers, it's good to keep up with the info with reliable sources, such The American Migraine Foundation, the Migraine World Summits, Diamond Headache Clinic & Migraine Pain Center, Michigan Head Pain & Neurological Institute, and others like Johns Hopkins and the Mayo Clinic.    Thanks for the posts!    I'm so sorry to know all of you have to deal with this.    It does help to share, and to know we're not alone.❤️

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I don't have a problem with migraines, but know someone who gets them severely about twice a year. Not necessarily due to the time of year, but he does have to go into a dark room and wants to be left alone when this happens. He said this has happened for a number of years.