Valued Contributor

Before I post this to the Pets section, I wanted to ask in the Wellness section if anyone also applied their healthier way of eating to that of their pet as well.  Obviously, the diets would more appropriate to a dog or cat, for example.  But, hopefully, you know what I mean by healthier eating.

Are there particular brands of food you'd recommend?

If this does get re-posted right away, that's ok.  The question is the same: What brand of food do you recommend for cats?  (Or, dogs because likely the brand carries both dog and cat food.)  Looking for healthy, clean brands.

Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Due to my little dog's health, we finally found what works for her.

I would say, anything on that line that you do, do it gradually so as to not throw her belly or system in a frenzie.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, @qualitygal!  Hope your dog is doing well.

Honored Contributor

I highly recommend Purina One brand for cats; we feed our indoor kitty the "indoor advantage" formula. Our vet recommended it and he feeds his own dogs and cats Purina One. Ours has a beautiful, glossy black coat and I am often asked what we feed her to get such beautiful fur. 

The best way to improve the diets of our pets is to not give them junk food or table scraps. It is amazing what I have seen dog owners give their dogs simply because they are dogs....and will pretty much eat anything.....because they will eat it does not mean it is good for them. As for cats, they are so finicky I doubt mine would eat anything I would call junk food, even if I offered it to her!  No junk food for any of us at our house. Better for everyone.