Super Contributor

I started using crest toothpaste for sensitvity a while ago and as time went on I began having heart palpitations.  I had not thought ever this would come from the toothpaste!!

Once I stopped using it they stopped! This is just SO weird.

Its not like I was eating the toothpaste.   I looked up online and read that others have had this same issue with this toothpaste and other toothpaste!!!

Super Contributor

Yes, that is weird. Good detective work! 

Trusted Contributor

Which crest and what are the ingredients?  I've always used Colgate or bakinsoda and peroxide. 

I'd be curious to know what ingredient caused that.  How scary. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tooth Paste--Weird!!!

[ Edited ]

@OhioAngel

STOP using Crest toothpaste. Hundreds of complaints.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/cosmetics/crest.html

Also, do not use their mouthwash.

Check out Sensodyne Pronamel Gentle from costco dot com. I use this toothpaste and it's great.

Honored Contributor

I use Aquafresh Sensitive. No problems ever and it's cheap.

Honored Contributor

I don't know about that but I do know it is dangerous to swallow ANY toothpaste.

My oldest daughter always walked around the house brushing her teeth. She'd swallow the foam/spit from the toothpaste.

I mentioned it to the dentist.  He had a fit and told her to always spit it out and gargle really good after she brushes her teeth.

He said, (paraphrasing), "What do you think cleans your teeth and helps whiten them?  There are chemicals in the stuff and eventually it can poison you.  It would take a lot to make you die (like tubes of it); but it does cause problems".

So, I guess it shouldn't be surprising...

Super Contributor

Wow!  When I went to my dentist for my 6 month cleaning this past month he gave me a tube of Colgate for sensitive teeth with tarter control.  Well, I tell you, I switched back to my Sensodyne toothpaste!  Sensodyne is the only toothpaste that has worked for me.

Esteemed Contributor

Used to use Sensodyne. 

After comparing ingredients I switched over to the sensitive toothpaste sold at Dollar Tree.

Esteemed Contributor

@x Hedge

Is the toothpaste sold at Dollarl Tree made in China???

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah, no.  It's made in USA.