Respected Contributor

A giant thank you to mimom for the recommendation of Kanker for the treatment of sore mouth and canker sores.

I have a pretty persistent problem due to a misaligned bite causing me to bite my cheeks and lips when chewing, dry mouth etc.

This is the best remedy I’ve ever tried including salt water, peroxide, lidocaine, orajel etc.

I am so impressed with this I’m bringing the packaging to my dentist to share with other patients.

Once again thank you. The wealth of knowledge and generosity of these boards continue to delight me.

Trusted Contributor

Your welcome.  I'm so glad it works for you.  I have been using Kanka forever and couldn't live without it.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Re: Canker sores

[ Edited ]

Lysine or high doses of Vitamin C are my weapons against canker sores.  Clears them up in a jiffy if taken at the first signs and besides both of these supplements  are good for you.  Dentists actually recommended this therapy to both me and my sister.  But I'm a strong believer in "whatever works for you" is fine.

Esteemed Contributor

I've tried so many things that don't work. Gly Oxide is the only over the counter

product that worked for me. Haven't tried this new product.

Honored Contributor

I had one of those once. I went to the dentist because I thought I had an abscess. The dentist told me it was a canker sore to use Gly-Oxide. He asked have you ever had one of these & I said no thought it was an abscessed tooth. He told me since I had that one I would continue having them. I have never had another one.