Super Contributor

Wellcare Value Script for Part D?

Has anyone used this company or know anything about it?  Reviews online are pretty good however hearing from a participant is always better. Thank you.

Valued Contributor

Re: Wellcare Value Script for Part D?

[ Edited ]

I have had them this past year and have not been happy.  First it started that they messed up and did not deduct from my social security like I requested, so had to pay monthly.  Finally got it coming out of my social security, but there was an overlap and I have been trying to get my refund for them being paid twice for two months, since July 25th.  Also, they are only good in regards to present prescription taken. Calling them is a nightmare, lengthy waiting times and with this refund problem they just keep telling me they will expedite it.  Since July you can't get my reimbursement check sent???  I have an appointment at our Center for Aging in two weeks and hoping I can find something else!  Good luck and whatever you decide I hope you have a good experience.

Respected Contributor

I had Aetna for Part D until I received a letter a couple months ago saying they would no longer be my provider and that I would be switched to WellCare. I called USAA who provides my supplement to see what they thought and she said WellCare was my best bet based on my prescription.  So I’m all set to have WellCare next year for Part D.  I’ll be interested to hear too if anyone has it. 

Respected Contributor

@coconut1818  That doesn’t sound good.  I guess I’ll see how this year goes with them for me. 

Super Contributor

@itsmagic This is based on my current prescriptions also, which are all generic and I just pay for them rather than put them through insurance, it's just cheaper to do that.  I currently have Humana which is doubling in price.  Wellcare will be one-third of what I'm currently paying.  My appointment is next week and if  WC doesn't use Costco, all bets are off for me. Thank you for replying.

Esteemed Contributor

@waterlily wrote:

@itsmagic This is based on my current prescriptions also, which are all generic and I just pay for them rather than put them through insurance, it's just cheaper to do that.  I currently have Humana which is doubling in price.  Wellcare will be one-third of what I'm currently paying.  My appointment is next week and if  WC doesn't use Costco, all bets are off for me. Thank you for replying.

@waterlily   Let us know how your meeting turns out.  I'm in the process of looking to change my BCBS Part D.  I currently pay $96,80/mo, get 2 scripts at $4.00 each and they are raising the cost to $15 each.  Everything is going up.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma

@waterlily

Medicare. Gov has a tool on the front page of the site to help find Part D Plans for 2020. 

Honored Contributor

We have them even though we don't take any medications at all.

The only reason we have Part D coverage is because we don't want to be hit with a lifetime penalty should we ever need to be on a medication.

We chose them because they were the cheapest plan available for us at $11.90 a month for 2019.  

Valued Contributor

I  joined WellCare September 1.  Very low premium at a little over $13.00 . Received mail order 90  day supply of 2 generic medications for blood pressure and cholesterol.  Doctor’s office submitted prescription.  Paid zero.

Occasional Contributor

My husband and I both switched to Wellcare for 2019....it was the cheapest plan available in our area.  We both chose to have the $11.90/month deducted direct;y from our SS.  Hubby's request was processed but mine was not.  I phoned their customer service twice to have this change made to no avail so I make an on-line payment to Wellcare every month.

Coverage seems to be fine but we both are fortunate that we are able to take common generic drugs that are no charge under this plan.

BUT, their customer service is horrible!!!  You get old waiting to speak to someone in person and then, in most cases, they are unable to help because of lack of training and you end up being more frustrated than before you called. If you take blood pressure meds, you'll need them before you make that call!!

Price is good but that's all......