Respected Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

Hello, all!

@bopper, I am so sorry for your loss.Everyone grieves in a different way and you just have to work through it in a way that's best for you.  My father died pretty suddenly 8 years ago next year.  I couldn't get there before he died. I was literally on a shuttle to the airport when my sister called.  By the time I walked into the house in Phoenix, I was numb and greeted with insanity--my mom, of course, was so upset, but my sister was off the rails and drinking a 12 pack of beer daily.  I had to 'get over it' pretty quickly because i was the only one capable of being in the moment and dealing with everything that needed to be done.  Including feeding everyone.  But enough about that.

Yoga today and it felt great.  Zumba teaching tomorrow and then I have an appointment with the podiatrist.  Don't know if they will remove the nail, but I would like him to look at it and maybe he can trim the rest of the nail down because I already have new nail growing in.

So today after I got back from yoga, there was a gift bag on my chair with a card.  I opened the card and it was from my boss and the CEO thanking me for a good job that I had done on a required report that earned us a first place in the energy sector (it's kind of hard to explain, but that is the gist).  I looked in the gift bag and I thought it was a cd wrapped up.  I unwrapped it and there were $500 in gift cards (like a visa gift card).  The first words out of my mouth were HOLY **IT!   Yep, I'm full of class.  I couldn't even thank them in person because I was crying.  I can't even believe it.  I love this company.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DrKelliyou are so lucky to have an employer like that. Congratulations.

@bopper HeartHeartHeart

I went to Power this morning and it was all increased weight. I was honest and did it; even getting more weights to use. I may feel it today but it was a good workout.

Did my annual physical earlier this week. Yesterday I put together a fitness/mental health worksheet and I am going to start tracking it all.

Said a couple extra prayers this morning for my friends in this thread. I hope you all feel better physically and emotionally and take as much time as you need to do that. Heart

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

GM everyone.

@DrKelli, how great is that!  Not only the acknowledgement but the money!

@bopper, glad things are getting better and @Laura14, not to be paranoid but I’d be careful of those neighbors.

If I remember what I read, the rest of you are fine....great!

The ophthalmologist that I saw yesterday concurrs with everything my other doctor said or was trying to say.  He just more detailed in what’s going on.  Since he’s farther away, I probably will keep my original doctor.  He says my car acts are ok as last night as I’ve made the decision not to drive at night.  

Rushing to get to my 8:15 Zumba class.  Have a great day everyone!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Everyone!  I worked out last night instead of the morning.  Just couldn't get myself going in the morning to do anything.  So did a workout after work but it was on the easy side.  This morning I feel kind of sore from the Pilates workout and maybe a little from last night.  Will do something tonight just not sure what yet.

@bopper take as much time as you need to process your grief.  We all do this at our own pace, there is no right or wrong way to get through it.

@DrKelli hope all goes well with the doctor appt. today.  Congrats on the gift from your boss.  Always feels good to be appreciated for what we do at work.

Was so happy yesterday - my DD told me that she and my SIL will be home for both holidays this year.  Usually they go to his folks in Ohio for one and stay home for another.  They apparently are going to see his folks at a different time when its not so expensive to fly.  The last couple years they have spent Christmas back there and Thanksgiving here at home.  Must admit I did a bit of the happy dance when I heard the news.  I'm also glad they won't be flying during that time of year with the weather and all. 

Thinking of everyone!  Take care!

Respected Contributor

Just got done at the doctors. He looked at it and literally pulled it off. It didn’t hurt at all. I didn’t have a shot or anything. Now the waiting begins to grow the new one!

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli  OWWWWWW!  Glad it didn't hurt you but it hurt me to read that.  Glad that's all done and you're on your way to a new one.  

Honored Contributor

@DrKelli yeah, I'm with @Laura14 - OWWWW.  That hurt me to read it but I'm glad for you that it's over with now.

Honored Contributor

GM, everyone.

@DrKelli, glad that it was painful.  As I posted a couple of months ago, I thought my big toenail was coming of and it turned to be only about half of it and new nail was already growing under it which, I guess, is what made the old nail start breaking away.  It looked strange at first to have a nail so short but I'm used to it now.  That's the right toenail.  The left one lifts as it grows out but never lifts off.  I have to keep that one cut short, too.  If I don't, it eventually makes a hole in my 👠 shoe.  

Senior cardio this mirning.  When I did Zumba yesterday, the instructor mentioned that she would be subbing for that class.  Oh, boy.  That means it will be another Zumba class or what she did last week when she subbed.....put in some floor exercises which I refuse to do...it hurts to be on my knees.  If she does Zumba, it will mean that I will have done Zumba three times this week.... Thursday, today and tomorrow's class.  I ❤️ Zumba but I don't want to do consecutive days with an instructor who has such a set routine.  Makes it boring.

Have a great day everyone.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!  I am really looking forward to relaxing this weekend.  I am going to start moving some of the stuff that I had to pack up for the flooring install back inside, but other than that, I'm taking it pretty easy.  I am really tired today.

I taught Zumba yesterday and let me tell you--it was pretty painful with what was left of my toenail.  It is a little sensitive today and I did put a bandage on it to protect it during my workout today, but last night, I wasn't cringing every time I turned over in bed because the sheet was touching it.  I had 4 new people yesterday in class, including one that was there the week before at her very first EVER zumba class!  I was so happy to see that she came back!

Today is a short work out with the trainer, who evidently is in a boot because he broke his foot.  I haven't seen him for a month (he was in England, I was away etc) so I will find out exactly how he did it.

I have a massage scheduled for after work, so I should sleep like crazy tonight and I don't have to get up in the morning to do anything (except go to the grocery store, but I don't have to be THERE at any specific time)

Hope you all have a great day and great weekend.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, well we laid my BIL in his final resting spot today alongside his parents.  It's been a tough week, and we're tired but I feel I did get in some workout and walks so I'm staying on track, minus the bars I ate at the luncheon last night, oh well, it's not going to derail me by any means.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers, they do mean a lot to me.  

Gosh toe nails, eye problems, always family drama  LOL  ( here too), but we all stick it out and move forward.

It's hot today, but we are safe here  and I've been watching the hurricane and it's so devestating to see the destruction it can do and the rain!

Take care everyone!