Honored Contributor

Re: Welcome to the September Exercise Thread

@bopperso sorry to hear about your BIL.  Unexpectedly is the worst!  My condolences to your family.

@DrKelliOMG! Is it the big toe?  How are you going to do your Zumba under these circmstances (post removal, I mean)?  I was just getting a pedicure a couple of weeks ago and I saw that the lady next to me had no big toe nail.  She said that it had started lifting so she went and had her podiatrist remove it all the way.  He gave her a shot so the removal didn't hurt.  Hopefully, yours wont hurt either.  Good luck.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

@bopper, I am so sorry for your loss.

I haven't decided about the nail removal yet.  I have to be able to teach zumba because evidently there is no one available to sub--I have to have someone for next week or they will have to cancel class.  I can't cancel my own work that actually pays me a living wage.

Honored Contributor

GM, everyone.

Had a good workout yesterday although I toned down the intensity a bit.  Today, I have Body & Sculpt, Flexibility and maybe some Zumba.

Hope everyone is coping well.  Enjoy 😊  your day!

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Did a 30 minute pilates floor workout this morning.  Actually felt like I could do a bit more of it and felt stronger so thats a good sign!

@bopper - thinking of you and your family.  Check in when you feel like it.

At work, so gotta get going but wanted to check in.  Have a good day!

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, thank you kindly for your comments regarding my BIL, it is pretty hard right now having that sink in.

I'm keeping up with workouts though, they keep my mind occupied.  I did TG challenge and Bodyblade this morning, was pretty tired when I finished.  Going for a short trail walk in a bit.  

Much warmer than yesterday, but remembering soon the skies will be filled with snowflakes...not ready for that.

Thinking of 911 and how many we lost and thanking all the volunteers and service people who helped on that terrible day.

Take care everyone!

Honored Contributor

Heart to all.  This has been a tough week physically and emotionally for a lot of us. 

Did my Pound and Power this morning.  The instructor wanted to take a picture of me at 4:45am this morning probably for Facebook.  Um, N-O.

She then asks me if I drink coffee.  Nope don't like the taste of it and she almost had a seizure.  But you don't understand, she says.  I go to bed at night and I am so excited that I'll get to wake up and have some more coffee in the morning!

Anyone want this fruit loop?  She is also the one who had a really good time when they organized the weights in the back of the room.

I get through Pound which is a bit tough because I have been doing nothing but running for over a week now.  Zero downtime.

It's then time for Power.  One of the songs is the old 80/90s hit "It takes two to make a thing go right" which is a rap song with a sung chorus.  Nudie was on it!  Even the teacher was impressed she rapped every single word of that baby during the biceps track.  Fully clothed today too!

And you'll be happy to know Mrs. Rudeness has found her neon clothes again.  She does not actually take the class though.  She gets a few hand weights and does her own thing to the bar routines we all do around her but she is fully covered and doesn't cause a scene so I guess we'll keep her for now.

Uncle Vinny is MIA. 

Adonis was pretty in check.  Except when class was over he wanted to do the tough shoulder track again.  I wanted so badly to tell Mr. Show Off to use more weight and get it done right the first time.   Posing does nothing for your arms.

I hope the toe is better, the tooth is okay, the broken heart is healing and to everyone big hugs!  I hope some of this made you smile.      

Honored Contributor

@bopper I am sorry for the sudden loss of your dear brother-in-law.  There's no way to wrap your brain around a sudden loss....prayers to you and your husband.

@Laura14. Sending big hugs to you.....I hope things get better.....soon.

Did 4mi/47.30min on the treadmill.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Did some extra exercise yesterday.  Got home and just had to cut my lawn.  With the possible effects of the hurricane now maybe coming our way, I decided to go out and get it done since I didn't get a chance over the past weekend.  

My next door neighbor who is an idiot had some workmen outside pruning his bushes.  Of course, he was out on the sidewalk staring them down like he always does.  It's so rude.

A few times, he has surfaced to watch me cut my lawn and when he has done that, I stop and put everything away and let him live next door to a jungle which I know he hates.  

Well last night I had no choice because it had to be done and sure enough he starts eyeing me too as I am mowing away.  I shot him a few dirty looks and he got the message and disappeared.  

Or so I thought.

I spy him walking across the street and into that neighbor's driveway.  She has tall bushes and he's literally hiding behind the bushes watching his workmen and me.  Guess who comes out to talk to him?  That neighbor.

I should do a Where's Waldo youtube version of Our Neighbor Joe.  Is he on his own sidewalk being rude?  Is he on his lawn being rude?  Is he across the street being rude?  Find a hobby and let people work in peace.  They usually do a better job.

And as for staring down a woman in this day and age, I could have the #MeToo people picketing his place with one post on Twitter not that I think there is anything like that going on.  He's just a rude busybody.

Anyway, there is your funny for the day.  I hope everyone has a good Wednesday.

Honored Contributor

GM everyone.  Lovely day yesterday!  Moderate temps, low humidity and the sun was out.  Looks like today will be a duplicate.

Ophthalmologist appointment this morning to a new one.  I wasn't feeling confident in the one I've been going to for about ten years.  She tells me different answers to the same questions on a regular basis as if she's guessing.  Ok, I know most doctors are guessing but don't tell me my cataracts are bad on one visit but on the next visit when I mention that glasses don't help me with night driving, tell me that's because my cataracts are bad.  I also have Fuch's Corneal Dystrophy.  If I don't mention it, she doesn't....in years.  There's also the fact that I don't know anyone that she's done surgery on.  I got this referral from someone he's done work on.  My needs are not as simple as they used to be.  My mother, aunt, uncle and grandmother were all either legally blind or blind when they died.  I don't want to join that group.  Thank God for modern medicine when it's available to you.

No workout at my health facility but I'm going to workout for an hour in the comfort of my boudoir.  Enjoy your day everyone.

Respected Contributor

Hey everyone, I grocery shopped this morning and took a short walk and that's it...I did make a chicken lasagna with spinach, so we'll see how that tastes tonight.  I am struggling with this loss so I really don't have much more to say.  Thank you all for your concern and prayers.